April 19, 2024, 09:45:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 2 computers, 2 DAWs - in sync...possible?  (Read 1456 times)

baxterdavid

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
2 computers, 2 DAWs - in sync...possible?
« on: April 10, 2014, 12:38:40 pm »
I'm looking to augment my primary machine with a secondary machine loaded w/ softsynths, and would love to hear if anyone has successfully made this type setup work.

Primary would need to control transport functions, and secondary would need to simply playback...but in sync.

Please don't suggest MTC, as I've already tried that, but it's so unpredictable and the pitch adjust on softsynths until sync is found drives me bonkers!

Thnx

Kosmology

• Beta-testers
Re: 2 computers, 2 DAWs - in sync...possible?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 03:37:14 pm »

I've found using Spark as a Master with my Analog 4. the tempo fluctuates too much to be useful, as you say it makes tempo synced delays etc.. useless, it performs better sending Midi clock from the A4 to Spark and using Spark as slave. So I would use your DAW as the Master and send Midi Clock on the midi port connected to the Spark machine and make sure to send position as well. This should work, I use Cubase to sync all my outboard gear in this manner. I never use MTC, in the past I've found Midi clock to be more reliable with Cubase anyhow.

I'm hoping that the Clock output from Spark improves with v2 as I'd love to use it to drive the A4.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines