March 19, 2024, 10:43:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MicroBrute as a Midi controller/keyboard  (Read 18808 times)

Memphisto77

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
MicroBrute as a Midi controller/keyboard
« on: April 07, 2014, 09:23:54 pm »
How do I use the MicroBrute as a Midi controller/keyboard?

Today I tried to record some drums from a plug-in in Pro Tools using the MB as Midi keyboard. It almost worked... the thing is the MB sounds are still there when trying to record other instruments. Is there a way to turn of "local control" on the MB?

Thanks!

Bas

Re: MicroBrute as a Midi controller/keyboard
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 11:13:13 pm »
Disconnect the output, dail down the volume or the oscillator?
Maybe i'm thinking to simple, but one of those should do it..

Memphisto77

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 07:39:15 am »
Disconnect the output, dail down the volume or the oscillator?
Maybe i'm thinking to simple, but one of those should do it..

That of course could be a way to do it... But I'm thinking there must be a "build in" function that does this - maybe via MB Connection, if you wanted to use the MB as a portable Midi controller?

softbase

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 02:24:35 pm »
That of course could be a way to do it... But I'm thinking there must be a "build in" function that does this - maybe via MB Connection, if you wanted to use the MB as a portable Midi controller?

I'm pretty sure that there is no way to do this.  In fact, now I think about it, I don't know of any synth that has this functionality.

Bacon

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 06:56:12 am »
Uh... did you read the manuals? It's in the Microbrute Connection Manual, in the Changing parameters via MIDI CCs chapter: Local ON/OFF is MIDI CC 122. It's not clear which value sets it to local off, but it does say that it takes the values 0 and 127 so it's just a matter testing which one does what.

softbase

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 10:45:30 am »
Uh... did you read the manuals? It's in the Microbrute Connection Manual, in the Changing parameters via MIDI CCs chapter: Local ON/OFF is MIDI CC 122. It's not clear which value sets it to local off, but it does say that it takes the values 0 and 127 so it's just a matter testing which one does what.

Ha!  I missed that.  I assumed that the midi chart would only represent the stuff that's in the UI.  Now you mention it, yes local on/off sounds familiar from other stuff, it's been a while since I used any outboard gear in anger though :-)

My bad and good spot Bacon.

Still, odd that it's not in the UI.

Also, as the only way to set it is via midi in a DAW, it probably won't get saved when you turn off the MB as the manual states that you have to use the editor to save any changes, just using midi from a DAW means settings won't get saved.

Memphisto77

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 12:50:18 pm »

Thanks! :) Would be a bit strange if this wasn't an option. Normally I use my DSI MoPho keyboard as a midi controller, on which you can just turn local control on and off.

colonelstem

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 05:58:35 pm »
how did you get the midi notes to track in protools11? it works fine in logic x, but can't figure it out in pt. i set the input on the midi track to "microbrute" all channels and nothing happens. I also tried setting the input as "microbrute midi interface" all channels and it still does not see a midi signal. I tracks perfectly in logic, so its not a matter of midi not being sent.

I have microbrute connection installed and have updated to newest firmware. am i doing something wrong?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines