April 19, 2024, 08:10:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minilab knobs in Ableton  (Read 2920 times)

TSA

Minilab knobs in Ableton
« on: April 05, 2014, 09:51:21 pm »
I recently purchased a Minilab and I'm having some trouble getting the knobs working properly in Ableton. I've tried all the different settings and I can't find one setting that works properly all the time. The only way I can get it to work is to have a different preset for each setting (absolute, relative #1 etc.) and switch between them as I switch plugins. Even the plugins that come with Ableton can't all use the same settings. Then when the knobs do work smoothly half the time they are reversed, turning the knob back on the Minilab moves the knob forward in Ableton. Is there a way to fix this? It's pretty annoying. Also the Analog Lab VST causes Ableton to crash after a few minutes. Pretty serious flaws if you ask me me as the variety of controls and the bundled software were major selling points for me. If I can't fix this I'll probably just return it and get an Akai or an M-Audio.

Goon

Re: Minilab knobs in Ableton
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 09:57:01 pm »
Do yourself a favour..Return it....  Its been well documented here that this is  an issue Arturia have known about for a long time, with no real fix...  Get something better.. :))

TSA

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 08:36:30 pm »
After further frustration, and no help from Arturia, I took your advice. I was lucky the store let me return the damn thing since it's their policy to accept returns on things with software license keys. They made an exception after I explained in detail how exceptionally bad this product is. Got the M-Audio Axiom 25MK2. It works pretty much like it's supposed to, and their support helped with out the one small issue I had pronto.

Goon

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 07:09:26 pm »
Glad that worked out for you. Hows the Axiom working out for you? Im still undecided which controller to go for to replace the minilab....

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines