March 28, 2024, 09:39:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Changing pattern lenght looses sync  (Read 3599 times)

Sonic Revolutions

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Changing pattern lenght looses sync
« on: April 03, 2014, 10:06:09 pm »
Hi all,

I've noticed midi clock sync goes way off when changing pattern lenght while running slave to a DAW.
To work around this you can save multiples of the same pattern but with different lengths.
This way the beatstep stays in sync with your DAW but it would be cool if it gets fixed in a future firmware update.

Thanks,

Frank

bs-1

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Changing pattern lenght looses sync
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 01:18:58 pm »
I can confirm this bug. I was able to reproduce it as well.
Using the latest firmware (version 1.0.1.4).

Grtz,
Roland

Dansedessaucisses

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 08:18:03 pm »
yes i confirm too, a bit annoying since it take more space in memory. let's hope an improvement for this

teceem

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 12:25:13 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fCDnC9OTzE
Mine stays in sync (in Cubase), but there's often a little 'hickup' - it would be great if the length change waited for the next bar...

Dansedessaucisses

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 04:18:24 am »
like when we change sequences, yes, to stay in rhythm !! hell ut s seems essential !

ednolbed

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • my sounds
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 10:44:19 am »
Not only that, but I've noticed that it doesn't sync really nicely when acting as a Slave. I had some pretty noticable midi-latency when I was using in Live. I had a 4/4 beat running in live, with a basdrum playing in Live and the beatstep playing a sequence with percussion samples, on a different channel, so nothing extreme going on here... But somehow, the beatstep didn't manage to start at the right time, lagging behind a little, and what's more, each time i stopped and hit play again, the lag seemed to be different...

Quirky behaviour, to say the least.

And yes, changing the pattern length is totally real time now, so you have to hit the pad on the right time, but what's more, it seems you have to hit it on an upbeat, which is perhaps even more confusing for some, although, once used to that, it's ok. Nevertheless, it would be nice to have at least the option to force the changing of the pattern length to a grid...

Btw: beautiful unit...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines