I had some problems with enabling the MIDI channel selection from hardware. I followed this thread with interest and made a short video to show first look with OP-1 and also the settings for MIDI with MCC. The bit i missed and is not shown is that after syncing and before powering the hardware off, Store the preset using the hardware.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv7PY1AQLcI&feature=share&list=UUnk4Kc9cPl7gcWqVTkjPttw
The process i followed was:-
1. Open MCC App and Sync with the Beatstep
In GLOBAL PARAMETERS (right of app display)
2. Set PERFORMANCE DATA - Sequencer Channel to GLOBAL
3. Set Global Channel to 1
For each pad and controller
4. Set all Channel to Global
5. Save as.. to save the Template to my own named item
6. STORE the Template to "Working Memory'
On the Hardware
8. Check than the channels can be changed using [CHAN] + [Pad x]
9. Store using [STORE] + [PAD1]
Hardware can be powered off and on and then to use the hardware with adjustable MIDI chan from the beatstep press [RECALL]+[PAD1]
I would have thought working memory would have restored the MIDI chan change function without recalling a preset but it seems not.
Hope this helps