April 24, 2024, 07:26:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KeyLab 88 Keybed  (Read 9824 times)

Lania

KeyLab 88 Keybed
« on: April 03, 2014, 11:48:09 am »
Hello all,

I hope that someone can inform me on that:
I read that the keybed of the new KeyLab is a 88 note hammer action Fatar keybed with velocity and aftertouch. I'd like to know which keybed exactly. I used to have a keyboard with the  Fatar TP/100LR keybed and I think it feels right. I'm about to place my order for the KeyLab 88 and before I do, I'd love to know what I'm buying!
Thanks in advance for any response.

Lania

tritone inversion

Re: KeyLab 88 Keybed
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 10:50:34 am »
Hi,

I also have question regarding the Fatar action. I've had a Fatar Studio 900 for many years and still like it but it's getting old and has a few issues which could possibly be repaired but the features on the Keylab 88 are appealing. One of the things I like about the Studio 900 is that the weighted action is not too thick and heavy, which is my impression of Yamaha keyboards, perhaps because I'm not primarily a keyboardist and the lighter, quicker Fatar action is more suited for my level of technique.
My question: how will this Keylab 88 action compare to what I perceive to be the heavier, muddier Yamaha action?
I haven't tried any of the newer Roland 88 note controllers but I've read good things about other Arturia keyboards so thought I would make an inquiry here. And I haven't really checked out some other existing brands of controllers but confess to being attracted to the superficial appearance of the Keylab plus the music/ipad holder and the deck attachment for a laptop or pizza or a pillow or whatever.

Thanks!

Lania

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 02:39:55 pm »
I read somewhere (don't remember where...) that the key-bed of the KeyLab 88 is a Fatar TP/100. I could not wait until August for the new KeyLab so I purchased the Studio Logic Acuna 88 controller keyboard. It also has the Fatar TP/100 and I have to say that it feels great! Before the Acuna 88, I had a Yamaha Stage Piano CP33. It was a good keyboard but it did not feel as a piano at all. It was a little too strait, like rubber or so. So I sold it... And I'm glad I did. The Fatar TP/100 is wonderful!

Dwayne

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 10:54:31 am »
I'm new to this forum, and an interested to buy the Keylab88 customer. But I'm very surprised not to see any answer to questions dating from April...
Surprised and worried, as I care a lot about how a company give answers and support to their customers...

J-Fly

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 08:08:51 pm »
I read somewhere (don't remember where...) that the key-bed of the KeyLab 88 is a Fatar TP/100. I could not wait until August for the new KeyLab so I purchased the Studio Logic Acuna 88 controller keyboard. It also has the Fatar TP/100 and I have to say that it feels great! Before the Acuna 88, I had a Yamaha Stage Piano CP33. It was a good keyboard but it did not feel as a piano at all. It was a little too strait, like rubber or so. So I sold it... And I'm glad I did. The Fatar TP/100 is wonderful!
I was just wanted to add that I'll be upgrading from a StudioLogic Acuna 88 to the Keylab 88. I agree that the action of the Acuna 88 is perfect (for me at least), but the MIDI programming and setup is atrocious and I've had enough so it's got to go. August needs to arrive soon and Sweetwater is telling me the exact date is 29 August 2014.

michaeln2

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 10:12:28 pm »
Hi new member here. I would also like to know for definate the type of Fatar keybed that the keylab 88 uses.

I was almost ready to purchase the Akai MPK 88 untill i read about the new Keylab 88. Confirmation of the keybed on the Keylab 88 is something i would really like to know.

Does anyone from Arturia read these pages?

Thank you. :)

michaeln2

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 10:57:23 am »
Just to confirm.......I contacted Arturia last night & they replied that the key bed is indeed the Fatar TP/100LR.

We'll done Arturia for the quick response .......thank you.:)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines