March 19, 2024, 10:38:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ANALOG LABORATORY & KEYLAB & ANALOG LAB  (Read 4548 times)

Rodrigue

Hello everybody, I want to know what is the best way to control all the synthesizer the "V collection" package. ???

As far as know there is "analog Lab" and "analog Laboratory" which are both a kind of general interface or platform which allow you to get the access to all of each of your synthesizer and then allow you to modify all parameters. But what is the real difference between them? Till now I guess I understood that the analog laboratory allow you to launch rhythmic loops and has an arpeggiator, but analog Lab has some effects.

ANALOG LABORATORY MAIN FEATURE:

-In-depth Preset Editing available for the owners of the Arturia Classic Synthesizers (MiniMg V, CS-80 V, etc.). Edit your sounds on the original instruments within Analog Laboratory.
*Would it also work with  KeyLab controllers?
*It is also true with analog Lab?

ANALOG LAB MAIN FEATURE:

-Interface automatically changes to match your Arturia Keyboard that is connected.
*It is also true with analog laboratory?

The same question for the Hardware:

As far as I understand, the analog laboratory keyboard is sell with the analog laboratory software and the keylab keyboards are sell with the analog lab software. It is possible to use for instance the analog laboratory keyboard with analog Lab and the keylab keyboards with the analog laboratory software?

In other words:

Supposed that I own:

analog lab (soft) & analog laboratory (soft) & V collection (soft)

What would be the best controller and the best way of controlling all synths?

analog laboratory (hardware) or one KeyLab ?
Within analog laboratory (soft) or analog lab(soft) ?

jazzboxmaker

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Vinny Colletti Custom Stringed Instruments
Re: DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ANALOG LABORATORY & KEYLAB & ANALOG LAB
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 01:54:38 pm »
Well, I can't tell you what the best way is. Keylab and Analog Lab are updates from Laboratory Keyboards and Analog Laboratory software. Analog Lab has a newer interface and more patches, since you have the V collection not a big deal I guess'

I have a Laboratory 49 keyboard with Analog Laboratory software, I did download the demo of Analog Lab and to answer some of your questions, both Analog Laboratory and Analog Lab recognized my keyboard and displayed it and both work fine. Will Analog Laboratory display a Keylab keyboard-I don't know, since it is older software it may not.
Vinny
The Laboratory 49 key, Analog Laboratory 1.5.2
Samplitude ProX-

Studio DAW: Win 8x64 /MB GIGABYTE GA-X48-DS5 / Core 2 Quad Q8400 /8GB Ram/  Focusrite Saffire Pro Liquid 56, Focusrite Octopre Dynamic

Remote DAW: 17" Macbook Pro Bootcamp W8x64, I7 2.4, 8GB ram, Focusrite Saffire Pro 24DSP

stuey

• Spark Moderator
Re: DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ANALOG LABORATORY & KEYLAB & ANALOG LAB
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 03:10:48 pm »
HI

The previous version of Analog Laboratory will only display that model of keyboards. As far as I know this was party the reason for the Analog Lab update, to include the GUi interface of the newer keyboards. The Analog Lab will display all the supported controllers. See the attached pic of the drop down controllers.

I purchased the Analog Laboratory 61 controller when the key labs were announced based on the fact that I didn't want to purchase a brand new product with brand new released software. I'd waited about a year in order to hear all the horror stories about it and wait for the updates, Analog Laboratory was then at a stage where I thought I could invest in it. Since purchase, although I've had a few niggles, It's been pretty rock solid, it's a really good solid well made controller. The keys feel better and more sturdy than my Minibrute keys and I know that they use the MiniBrute keys for the Key Lab series, so based on that I would say the older Laboratory controllers are possibly better made. That said, I don't actually own the keyLab controller.

Best advice I could give you is to play them both and see which one you prefer. As far as the software control, both keyboards will do the job.

Thanks, Stuart
Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7