March 28, 2024, 06:10:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Choosing presets from external midi-controller?  (Read 6339 times)

maxbranden

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Choosing presets from external midi-controller?
« on: March 27, 2014, 12:00:59 pm »
In live situation you need fast changes between presets. Is it possible to send some kind of message via midi to switch between different presets. (including your own presets)
If not the app would need som kind of performance mode where you could store all presets  used during a concert and you could scroll through them with a knob on your midi-controller. Assigning midi-controllers I see is a feature which is already implemented

Carey M

Re: Choosing presets from external midi-controller?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 12:15:12 am »
The fact that one can not change iMini programs from an external controller via program change messages is really a bummer. The synth sounds really good for a VI, but I can't really recommend it to anybody, except to use as a toy.

Until remedied, this is putting me off buying the iSEM (no program change on that either) and any further Arturia iOS products. Nlog Synth Pro apparently does this fine, as does Magellan, which is now my go-to iOS synth for live gigs.

syrupcore

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 08:19:58 am »
Pretty please. Not only essential for some live situations, also quite handy when you want to recall a sequence by sending a program change at the top of the track. 

crony

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 05:51:57 pm »
As I don't want to create a new post saying the same thing, except that maybe a paid addon to make it more professionnal, with midi bank change, and also receiving a midi clock from outside to perfectly be in sync..

This is for Isem, Imini, Iprohet...

Thanks

hrestov

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 10:50:30 pm »
Yeah!  Now all these apps are just beautiful toys

crony

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2016, 10:48:22 am »
Sorry to insist, but it's quite an important feature...
Why hasn't been in standard for all IOS synths, seriously ?
Thanks.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines