March 28, 2024, 11:48:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arp feature update suggestion  (Read 4197 times)

Dovinia

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Arp feature update suggestion
« on: December 31, 2012, 05:55:57 pm »
Hi,

I'd like to suggest an arpeggiator function for a future firmware/connection software update.

What I'd like to see is the option of putting the arpeggiator in "pattern hold" mode while latched to allow for transposition of the whole arpeggio pattern.

So when I'm done adding notes and have the arp running in latched mode (or on "hold" as Arturia have dubbed it) I'd like to be able to switch it to "pattern hold" so that it no longer accepts arp note input but sets the arp running each new cycle from whatever note I hit. Hope this explanation is understandable.  ::)

joja_x

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.ne-production.nu/jyj/
Re: Arp feature update suggestion
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 08:35:20 am »
Hi,

I'd like to suggest an arpeggiator function for a future firmware/connection software update.

What I'd like to see is the option of putting the arpeggiator in "pattern hold" mode while latched to allow for transposition of the whole arpeggio pattern.

So when I'm done adding notes and have the arp running in latched mode (or on "hold" as Arturia have dubbed it) I'd like to be able to switch it to "pattern hold" so that it no longer accepts arp note input but sets the arp running each new cycle from whatever note I hit. Hope this explanation is understandable.  ::)

I would love that feature too :)

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 02:48:12 pm »
I think I got but how would you switch from note entering mode  to pattern transposition mode ?
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

stevism

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 06:04:14 pm »
well since you don't use the "mode" knob at all when the hold is acting like this, perhaps "up" would be "note entering mode" and anything else would be "pattern transposition mode"?

or something like that, since i would LOVE this feature too  :)

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 01:39:07 pm »
well since you don't use the "mode" knob at all when the hold is acting like this
actually it's still in use in sequencer mode. I think only few users noticed it....
if you set octave knob to more than 1, then mode knob can be used to order octave transposition of your sequence. Don't know if I'm clear here? Anyway give it a try...

Bruno
Arturia Hardware

stevism

• Beta-testers
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 02:15:59 am »
ah i see...well thanks for filling me in on that!  :)

so perhaps, a way to deal with it then would be to let the user change (via the minibrute software) if they want the knobs to act in either the default mode that you are describing now, or in the new, pattern transposition mode?

holografique

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 05:28:08 am »
yes! +1 on this feature. would be amazing! here's two possible ways to enable what I would call arp "key-transpose mode":

1. hold the tap button down for a specific number of seconds (say 2 seconds?)

2. press the octave up and down buttons at the same time. for this option maybe you get the LED indicators to flash for a quick second to give a visual confirmation that arp "key-transpose" mode is now engaged. pressing both octave up/down buttons again disengages with a double-flash of the LED for visual confirmation.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 08:34:16 pm by holografique »

dalasv

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 10:14:39 pm »
I like that idea of holding the octave buttons. I'd love to have arp transpose on this synth.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines