March 28, 2024, 11:28:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab/ Too Large for My Screen. Help!  (Read 13255 times)

ben12670

Analog Lab/ Too Large for My Screen. Help!
« on: March 19, 2014, 02:16:24 pm »
Okay, I know this sounds like a very simple problem to fix. But so far I have been unable to figure it out.
I've got Analog Lab installed on a mini netbook running Windows 7, so the screen is pretty small to begin with.

The problem I keep running into is that Analog Lab automatically snaps to a full window display when opened. Many of the functions are cut off from view and I cannot even reach/get at the left corner of the window to scale the view down so that the entire display is visible on my screen.

Heres what I have tried already in an attempt to fix the issue:

1. right-clicked on the Analog Lab icon and went into 'properties'. Selected 'Minimize' and restarted. Not fixed.

2.Tried Alt+spacebar to bring up the window cross arrow cursor and attempted to move Analog Lab over into a far corner of the screen so that I could stretch the window to get at the upper left corner functions. It won't budge. ('size' is also disabled when I try to select it in the drop-down.)

3.Tried changing the display settings in Windows to lower resolution.  All this does is create black borders on either side of the screen.

So I'm out of ideas. I really want to start using this thing. But I need the ENTIRE display to show up in the space of the program window so that ALL of the functions are visible ( full keyboard, synth suite, presets.)
So if somebody could walk me through the steps to scale Analog Lab down to the size of my screen, I'd greatly appreciate it.!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 02:23:45 pm by ben12670 »

Jerome Arturia

• Administrator
Re: Analog Lab/ Too Large for My Screen. Help!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 03:12:24 pm »
Hi Ben,

To resize Analog Lab's screen:

1/ Launch Analog Lab
2/ click on the 'Pref' tab (located on top of the software screen next to the 'Keyb' tab)
3/ In Preferences, select your screen height (small, medium or large)
4/ Restart Analog Lab to apply the modification

Best,

J.

ben12670

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 03:38:59 pm »
j.
thank you for the information. Here's the thing though.

I cant GET to to the 'pref' tab when Analog Lab is opened. I cannot move  or scroll anywhere.
My screen is locked dead in the middle of the display.

Can I access the preferences without opening Analog Lab?

Is there a way to entirely disable the display and just see the functions so I can get to them?
 Right now the too large, un-movable display is what is blocking my access to the preferences.

If a button/function I need to scale the window  is  located in a corner , or at the top, forget it. I can't get to it.

I CAN right click on the desktop icon to get into 'properties'.
That is where I found the sub-menus with the 'minimize' function. (didn't work)
Is there something in Compatibility Mode that  would scale the display down?  Because as soon as I open the program, I'm stuck dead-center again
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 03:50:29 pm by ben12670 »

Jerome Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 09:35:37 am »
Hi Ben,

Could you send an email to technical-inquiry@arturia.com with a screenshot of your GUI, and the specs of your computer please (OS, screen size...)?

Best,

J.

asaenz1978

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 06:32:22 am »
The solution to this is changing the resolution in Windows 7, just change it to the next available setting and apply, this will make the top menu appear, then you can change the config in Pref as previously indicated, worked for me just now. Posting this since there was no follow up answer, in case it happens to anybody else.

Okay, I know this sounds like a very simple problem to fix. But so far I have been unable to figure it out.
I've got Analog Lab installed on a mini netbook running Windows 7, so the screen is pretty small to begin with.

The problem I keep running into is that Analog Lab automatically snaps to a full window display when opened. Many of the functions are cut off from view and I cannot even reach/get at the left corner of the window to scale the view down so that the entire display is visible on my screen.

Heres what I have tried already in an attempt to fix the issue:

1. right-clicked on the Analog Lab icon and went into 'properties'. Selected 'Minimize' and restarted. Not fixed.

2.Tried Alt+spacebar to bring up the window cross arrow cursor and attempted to move Analog Lab over into a far corner of the screen so that I could stretch the window to get at the upper left corner functions. It won't budge. ('size' is also disabled when I try to select it in the drop-down.)

3.Tried changing the display settings in Windows to lower resolution.  All this does is create black borders on either side of the screen.

So I'm out of ideas. I really want to start using this thing. But I need the ENTIRE display to show up in the space of the program window so that ALL of the functions are visible ( full keyboard, synth suite, presets.)
So if somebody could walk me through the steps to scale Analog Lab down to the size of my screen, I'd greatly appreciate it.!

Lec0mte

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 08:36:27 am »
Thanks asaenz1978, I had the same problem but your solution worked for me.  :)

Searching the internet for a solution earlier showed that more people are encountering the problem. This is since 2013 and I just bought the software january 2016 and still bug fix. Doesn't seem like a difficult software bug to fix. I had a similar problem with the plugin Egoist but that plugin doesn't even have an option to resize so I can't use that on my laptop. 

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines