March 28, 2024, 11:21:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab 49 has a broken Middle C key.  (Read 32084 times)

djwaxxy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Keylab 49 has a broken Middle C key.
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2014, 03:15:05 pm »
and another one fixing bumpers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaFYn-a4fXs

jayhillhome

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2014, 10:37:44 pm »
I have exactly the same problem except c4, up one octave. Looks like two more on eBay.

How did you get in touch with Arturia support to get a replacement keybed? I have a case logged for a week with no reply. It sounds like they have a solution. Is there a better way to connect.

djwaxxy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2014, 08:31:12 pm »
keep sending emails or contact the place you bought it from if its still in warrenty.
it took me about a month then I got a reply asking were I lived then I got another email saying did I want to repair it myself or let them repair it.i choose let me repair it then I got a new keybed a week later its very easy too fit they send you pdf showing you how to do it.

steveonbass

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2014, 11:38:45 pm »
I had EXACTLY the same problem with one of the keys on my Keylab 49 a few weeks after buying it new.

I also repaired it (no doubt invalidating the warranty but I didn't want to have to send it back to Thomann at my own expense to wait weeks for a replacement) using the same method.

Now, another key is sticking up in exactly the same manner.

What kind of nonsense is this?

Steve

Amalgamoth

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2014, 10:42:32 am »
I have a Keylab25 and it also got a key problem, as one got detached from the weight due to the inferior quality glue being used. I returned the Keylab to the shop were I bought it and they sent it to the repair central elsewhere. Then it was a matter of waiting, waiting, waiting. Weeks passed and after over six weeks it had finally returned to the shop and I rushed to take it back.
From what I understood It also had been abroad, probably to Grenoble, where they put a very different type of keybed inside which doesn't seem to have all this rubbish glue. It looks more sturdy now and I expect it to last much longer now.
I'm glad they put in a different type, because indeed I was worried about a repeat with detaching weights after this repair.
Knowing this I can only urge anyone to not go DIY in order not having to wait. Without your warranty you'll end up being stuck with a crappy glued-together keybed. Fixing a warranty-void instrument might cost you just as much as a new one.
In my opinion all Keylab instruments with the older glued keybeds should be withdrawn and replaced before someone buys them, because to sell a faulty product is just not okay. Unless someone at Arturia hopes that more people will screw up their warranty so they can keep their hands off the problem. But that philosophy would be a bit too cynical, wouldn't it?

fizzyfizz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2014, 10:29:04 pm »
I've literally just taken delivery of a brand new Keylab 49 and straight out of the box one of the keys is slightly raised (see pic). The key plays ok but it's really bugging me! I don't want to have to send it back and wait weeks and weeks for a repair..

Anyone got any suggestions? (I've notified Arturia but have no idea whether they'll respond)

Amalgamoth

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2014, 03:09:58 pm »
Have you read what I wrote? Return the damn thing and let them replace the entire new keybed with the new type, which isn't with the crappy glue. You have one faulty key now, but it's a matter of time and more keys will detach from their weights. You can either wait for that, or wait for a proper solution.
Yes, you'll probably have to wait some six weeks, which is pretty awful if you want to make music.
But try to find alternative ways to record in the meantime. Don't let all depend on your midi controller! If you're working on a Mac you can also experiment with sounds by using musical typing.

And please: Don't screw up your warranty by going DIY for a quick fix. Today it's this key, tommorrow it'll be one of the other 49.
This is my advise to you. Someone else may say something different.

GROW

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2015, 12:42:22 am »
Sadly i gotta join this party...so i got my replacement keybed for my keylab 25 in the mail....no instructions or link to instructions of any kind....wtf? Is this easy enough to just open up and plug in or something? ???...i didn't get any print of a pdf or anything as mentioned in my emails from Arturia or by other customers above...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 12:52:41 am by GROW »

Amalgamoth

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2015, 12:40:26 pm »
There's an instruction film for the Minibrute. I expect the Keylab to look similar on the inside.
But be warned: If you open the instrument yourself you will end your warranty!
You may want to consult your local Arturia retailer first.

http://youtu.be/zPbIxk4DYhg

fizzyfizz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2015, 10:37:07 pm »
I've still not heard anything from Arturia regarding my faulty-out-of-the-box Keylab49 since my original ticket was opened on 20th December. I've since contacted them twice... nothing.
My reseller has also disappeared off the face of the earth. VERY VERY FRUSTRATING!!

barryfell

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2015, 06:37:37 am »
I've still not heard anything from Arturia regarding my faulty-out-of-the-box Keylab49 since my original ticket was opened on 20th December. I've since contacted them twice... nothing.
My reseller has also disappeared off the face of the earth. VERY VERY FRUSTRATING!!

Likewise i'm still waiting for my ticket to be responded to from mid-December for my broken key.  There has been no reply to subsequent emails.

Dronze

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2015, 09:59:37 pm »
That's not real comforting. I put in a ticket on 1/7/15 for the same issue on a brand new Keylab 49.  So far, I have heard nothing back on my issue (197725_748pevadrm6i8k82).  On mine, it's C5 that is broke but it is not sticking up but rather very loose and will not play a sound.  I bought the bundle with Bitwig so I am reluctant to take it back. I like Bitwig but after reading the issues with Arturia's keybeds and slow support I'm considering taking it back.

gwatson

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2015, 01:58:00 pm »
Would somebody please help me out:

Can you guys see your ticket?

I believe I created a ticket by going to http://www.arturia.com/support/askforhelp/issues and selecting "I want support for a non yet registered product", submitted the issue and was told my ticket is: http://ns3329673.ovh.net/fogbugz/?200028_po3sdmb00e732jg8

and that page is throwing a db error.

Did I make the ticket right? Do I need to register my product in order to get support? If I register the product am I able to unregister it in the event I want to transfer it to another owner?

A key of mine popped up and I'd like to have it fixed. If I repair it myself will Arturia know I opened the keyboard and void the warranty? because I would also like a new keybed if that's how they're remedying the situation.

tattootroy

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2015, 08:22:45 pm »
I have the same problem
just over 1 year old
keys broke by them self ??? ??? :'( :'(

tattootroy

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2015, 12:50:28 am »
Update I got response form Arturia support they will send me a new keybed for my keylab 49. :D :D :) :)
they also offered for me to send it to them for repair, I choose the keybed option.

Good stuff.

Not a biggie even High class BMW cars has faults  from parts out source making.
But when a company step up and repair or send the parts free, thats good customer service
+1 for Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines