April 20, 2024, 02:29:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Saving/naming presets  (Read 9341 times)

Paul Milstead

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Saving/naming presets
« on: August 01, 2003, 04:47:39 pm »
When I create a new preset I find that I can't name it.  I can start a new bank and sub-bank but the preset always ends up as 'default0' or 'default1', etc. :x

Is anyone else having this problem or am I doing something wrong?  Is there a way for me to re-name my presets entitled 'default0', etc?

FlameTop

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Saving/naming presets
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2003, 09:00:01 pm »
The method I use to save and name presets is;

1) Press 'save as'
2) select bank and 'new preset'
3) Put cursor in the name field 'Defualt0' (just under the 'preset' label) and type new name.

Not sure if thats the 'official method' but it works for me.
==
FT

Paul Milstead

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Saving/naming presets
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2003, 06:56:07 pm »
This is what I've been doing but it's not working for me :(

Anonymous

Saving/naming presets
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2003, 02:27:38 am »
I also have this problem. It's very annoying. I placed a post in the other forum about this. Here is my post:

I'm working with the Mg Modular V and i'm having trouble with the preset system. Most of the time i can't save presets. If i create a bank and give it my name then i cannot save presets in it. Also some times when i load up MMV i cannot even see my own patches or it will mix patchbanks up. Just today i loaded the synth to find my own bank full of patches which i never put in there. Once i restarted it it went back to normal. Any idea's of what this can be?

Do you also have the instability with the banks. They mix up at times. This is pretty annoying and counter productive :(

Paul Milstead

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Saving/naming presets
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2003, 07:57:12 pm »
I don't seem to have any instability or even a problem saving presets its just that I can't name the patches (except once in a while).  Perhaps someone from Arturia would like to comment?

docdan

Saving/naming presets
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2003, 07:00:51 pm »
I have never seen the banks messed up, but if you make your new preset name too long MMV doesn't like it.

I use the same method Flametop described - if you call up an new present, click on the word 'Default0' and type your new name. The click outside the box and its saved.

docdan :lol:

Dave

Saving/naming presets
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2003, 08:31:47 pm »
Yeah, that's precisely what's not working. Which OS are you running?

FlameTop

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Saving/naming presets
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2003, 10:17:57 pm »
I'm on Windows XP (with no preset naming problems).
==
FT

Dave

Saving/naming presets
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2003, 02:19:07 am »
So it's not the OS, i run that too. Weird. I have the problems with 1.0 and 1.1

dzy88p

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Saving/naming presets
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2003, 09:34:20 pm »
I have to agree that the whole presets things is squirelly.  Sometimes they are they, sometimes they're gone.  Sometimes they reappear.  Sometimes they don't.  Very frustrating.

Anonymous

Saving/naming presets
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2003, 10:29:47 am »
Having said I have no preset problems (running in win98 btw) I did get an oddity just recently.  I restarted MMV almost immediately after shutting it donw, and only the original factory presets appeared.  After another restart they were all there again.

docdan

dzy88p

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Saving/naming presets
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2003, 03:04:28 pm »
I have since uninstalled MMV and reinstalled it, then the update, then the additional preset banks.  I started over from scratch and so far so good, no problems.  Make sure you save everything to the same folder.

Dave

Saving/naming presets
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2003, 11:03:33 am »
I stopped using MMV because of this. It's too frustrating. If i spend time on a patch and i try to save it the program messes up. This is too much for a VSTi which costs what MMV costs. Arturia definately needs to sort this out quickly. It's things like this which irritate ppl and make them go for other products. So instead of releasing all these patch addons they better release a fix for the problems still in the software!

Anonymous

Presets problem
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2003, 02:32:32 pm »
Are you using the MMV as stand alone or with a sequencer ?
Which sequencer ?

Dr Sync

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Saving/naming presets
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2003, 01:12:16 pm »
I can confirm that I've got similar behaviour as well. Not sure whether it was standalone or VSTi. In the latter case it could be VST issue, where the Enter key is dispatched to the sequencer, not to the MMV.

Actually I wouldn't mind keyboard input being dispatched to the sequencer, I hate plugins who seize keyboard input in Logic, I use Logic keyboard shortcuts a lot. Though if it happened during the preset name editing only it would be OK for me.

The workaround which always has been working for me is instead of pressing Enter at the end of the preset name input, just click with the mouse somewhere outside the input field.

Best regards,
Dr Sync

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines