March 19, 2024, 08:37:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark in Sonar x1 and bad timing  (Read 2071 times)

thowell

Spark in Sonar x1 and bad timing
« on: October 18, 2012, 01:23:19 am »
Hi,

I'm very interested in buying Spark  (hardware)to use in Sonar X1 , i have downloaded the demo and have been triggering the drum pads via a midi in the sonar instrument piano roll and not the spark sequencer. Like you do with a sampler (kontakt etc)

Problem is on bounce (using sonar bounce to track function) the timing is all over the place between the range of 50 -100 samples, so it doesn't seem to be sample accurate. i.e. the kick drum isn't at beat 1 where the midi note is, its late.

Can anyone else using spark in this way confirm it works in their  DAW and is sample accurate on bounce?, could this be Spark not reporting latency properly to Sonar?

Looks a great product and would love to buy, but as its for drums, timing is everything.!

thanks
T

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: Spark in Sonar x1 and bad timing
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 10:40:56 am »
One question, are you using Spark internal sequencer?
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 10:49:49 am »
Second one,
how do you bounce to track.
I tried Tracks->Bounce to tracks but I got an erro message saying that "The specified selection did not contain any audio data."
Kevin
Soft Arturia

thowell

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 02:31:36 pm »
No i'm not using the Spark sequencer just the piano roll midi in the instrument track (like you would if you had exported the midi from the plugin)

To bounce to tracks you select the Spark instrument track in Sonar  (the track where the vsti is )and the region the midi notes are in  that you want to bounce

it will create a audio file of the bounce on a new track, then line that up with the midi notes and they are not synced
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 02:34:15 pm by thowell »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines