March 19, 2024, 10:15:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark Improvements!  (Read 163175 times)

Seb

• Tech-Support
Re: Spark Improvements!
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2013, 09:16:33 am »
saint joe at sounds and gear has a great idea for the volume .    he said arturia should make it so you hold   select and turn the  master volume to change the volume for the individual sounds

Press select+"XY vol/pan" button.
Now the instrument knobs P1 and P2 are assigned to volume and panning
Same with filter, or aux.

gen123456

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2013, 07:43:50 pm »
please create a count in on the metronome

mauronedj

• Beta-testers
« Reply #77 on: August 04, 2013, 02:23:13 pm »
2 more things:

Add a shortcut to toggle the HOST button quickly!

Re-enable the sample (or kit/project) name in the Spark Display!

horstpetersen

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2013, 12:25:39 pm »
I would like to see a zoom in function inside the sample editing window for more precise sample editing.

A killer plus would be MPC-style sample trimming by knobs.

Also different swing algorithms would be great.... not only TRxxx but also SP1200, MPC60 & 3k, LM-1, etc.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2013, 09:22:20 am »
This a feature request, i would like to see a way to edit banks in spark as at the moment the only way i can save my already projects is to save as and change bank name from default to logical dream  but this makes a renamed banks or copies .

terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

dimitrimax

« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2013, 08:48:42 am »
Absolutely love the SPARK LE. I use it in the studio and in live environments. I have two suggestions that I'm sure many probably have thought would be very logical for the LE.

1. SELECT + TEMPO = SHUFFLE

2. SELECT + VOLUME = SELECTED PAD VOLUME CONTROL

Small changes that would greatly improve this amazing unit.

Also thank you for the massive update in 1.7.1 beta. Browsing the library makes sense again! :)

mattplay

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2013, 06:34:59 am »
Agreed! Latest beta is a nice improvement!

Would like to say +1 on the studio mode, which would set pad volume/pan/etc to all of the instrument knobs above each pad. Would def be nice to work on the whole mix at once without selecting each ins one by one.

Also would like to +1 on the ability to save mixer presets. I use multi out when working as a plugin. When I open that same project in stand-alone, the mixer outs are still set to multiple outputs. It would be nice to be able to reset things. Would like to se a way to quickly reset any parameter. It is a difficult task to bring all inst volumes to 0db. Would be nice to be able to double click or option-click to reset parameters to zero.

Cheers for the hard work Arturia!

jksuperstar

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2013, 08:36:11 am »
I would really like to see an all MIDI mode, where the audio engine and mixer are basically disabled and unloaded from the CPU, leaving just the sequencer going.  I've had great results with the SparkLE driving a MiniMgV, but could use the breathing room on the CPU hit, since the DSP stuff isn't being used.

Lisapower1

« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2013, 03:26:42 am »
Please Please!

The most annoying thins with spark.

Record Loop Divide (Knobs) does not work with DAW (Logic Pro X) etc...
FX Pad does not record & working properly with DAW's (Logic Pro X) etc...
FX Pad can't be used on Single channel.
Full Song Midi Export function missing.

Those features are missing and would be great.

thanks

mauronedj

• Beta-testers
« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2013, 02:45:11 pm »
Just another idea:
Please intruduce a gain reduction meter on the Compressor, it's going to be a good addiction to use it properly :D

kcearl

« Reply #85 on: November 26, 2013, 05:05:21 pm »
rewrite the mixer

unlimited fx, host vsts....:)

Jay Bits

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2013, 09:00:25 am »
at first the loop mode. it's annoying that the start point allways changes when you change the loop length. i think the "move" knob should stay at the same point even if i change the value of the "divide" knob. that would be great.

the next thing i'm missing is some kind of a master-FX send. so you're able to turn some instruments off for the master effects. like the way you can do it with the roller-effect. so you can activate and de-activate instruments for the global filter-effect. in that way you could use the filter for a group of different instruments, while the other instruments stil keep playing without the filter effect.

jimbobaggins

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2013, 01:43:45 am »
I use spark in a live environment via a different midi controller (the spark controller stays in the studio) and I would really like a way to trigger an instruments layered samples without it affecting volume, being random or having them blend together. Circular and random are well, too random  :) stacked doesn't seem to work and which i presume is used for playing all layers at once? Threshold affects volume and Velocity seems to blend the layers together. What I would like is a control (slide or switch) in the pattern maker to say which layer is playing in each instrument. That way I don't have to use six separate instruments for six different bass drum samples, for example. And instead of just having sixteen instruments I would in effect have 96 different sample instruments.

It would also be good if the length of layered samples and the various controls for them could be set independently for each layer as well

Oh and I would like more patterns too but hey maybe that's too much :)

cheers

baggins
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 01:54:20 am by jimbobaggins »

mattplay

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2013, 08:26:57 pm »
A couple Spark improvements...

[sample layering]

I Would like to be able to layer a sample within a synth inst. Have a simple sampler with HP & LP filter plus volume control. So we could then layer a sample with an inst synth and compress, process, and trigger on the same mixer channel.

If not that, the ability to link instruments. Which would ideally bus the 2 instruments within the mixer and both instruments would trigger in sync.

[mixer clear & templates]

I would like to be able to have a button to complete reset the mixer or load saved mixer templates.

I would also like to be able to double or control+click a parameter to reset the value to unity.

[Mixer Mode]

I would like to be able to toggle Spark CDM to a Mixer Mode of which the inst knobs will control volume, sends, etc.

While in mixer mode, the mute or solo function could be activated to also be able to mute/solo instruments with the pads.

While in Mixer Mode, we could also gain lots of control on the instrument processing. IE use the [<<][>>] buttons to cycle instrument FX slots for the selected instrument mixer channel. We could then use the browse knob to browse and load processors into the selected inst channel slots. The 5 master knobs could then control the processor loaded in the selected FX slot of the selected instrument.

Mixer mode would allow us to sit back and mix our entire kit from the hardware with ease!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 08:36:37 pm by mattplay »

teceem

« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2013, 04:14:49 pm »
Just saw this topic... I'll just add here what I asked in my one:
(Spark CDM/LE)
1) Song recording
- A select+button shortcut to enter Song Mode.
- Recording the pattern changes.
2) Drag n drop audio from a Cubase audio track onto a Spark sampler pad.
3) Add an option to make the Select button latch. (on or off state instead of keeping it pressed)

« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 04:21:55 pm by teceem »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines