March 19, 2024, 09:20:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark Improvements!  (Read 163164 times)

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: Spark Improvements!
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 09:10:03 am »
Hi all,
sorry for not getting back to you sooner on this topic.
I discussed it with the team and it has been decided to not answer on what will and what wont be implemented.
However we keep this thread as sticky so all the feature requests will be gathered in the same place.

@mauronedj: Thanks for creating it. Tell me if you want us to manage it or if it's ok for you.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

mauronedj

• Beta-testers
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2012, 09:31:41 am »
@mauronedj: Thanks for creating it. Tell me if you want us to manage it or if it's ok for you.
Thank you Kevin, for me it's not a problem, I'll do it gladly because I love this product!

I hope an update is coming soon, and finally, thanks for your hard work Kevin!

anomsel

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 04:21:10 pm »
Most important thing for me: Midi Export of pattern without loosing data for Shuffle, Accent, Automation...

Midi-Export in the DAW doesnŽt make any sense for me, if I loose these advantages of Sparks sequenzer.

What I want to do with Spark is to program drums intuitivly with the contoller and the stepsequenzer (incl. Shuffle and Accent). To finish a track its quiet nessesary to me, to transfer complete pattern to a DAW quickly - with all data!

Thanx

mrfugu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2012, 09:43:47 pm »
Most important thing for me: Midi Export of pattern without loosing data for Shuffle, Accent, Automation...

Midi-Export in the DAW doesnŽt make any sense for me, if I loose these advantages of Sparks sequenzer.

What I want to do with Spark is to program drums intuitivly with the contoller and the stepsequenzer (incl. Shuffle and Accent). To finish a track its quiet nessesary to me, to transfer complete pattern to a DAW quickly - with all data!

Thanx

It would seem logical to simply output midi data in realtime more easily. I like that I can pick and choose patterns and move them around as individual blocks, but realistically, this limits the full value of the control surface, and sequencer efforts in favor of a nice but ultimately limited (more so than MIDI) sound and effects plugin.

Maybe its an artifact of a hybrid solution like this, but I'd prefer the former at the expense of the latter.

brother303

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2012, 11:27:23 am »
Hi Mauro,

IŽd like to see Shift+Shuffle = Accent level.

Is this suggestion worth to be added to the first post?  ;)

Regards
Greg

mauronedj

• Beta-testers
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2012, 10:52:22 am »
I don't think that you can export Shuffle, Spark reacts to midi notes, and if the notes come's from a DAW, the DAW must have the Shuffle!

Automation works, but you must enable the parameter you want to automate in the VST plugin! If you work with ableton you can watch my tutorial here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyLZYUH_kCM&feature=plcp

If you don't want to use the sequencer and Record the arrange of your song on the fly, I think you don't need Spark! :D Think spark as an external drum machine, with drag and drop samples feature and DAW integration!
(As MRFUGU already said!)

Hi Mauro,

IŽd like to see Shift+Shuffle = Accent level.

Is this suggestion worth to be added to the first post?  ;)

Regards
Greg
Yes Greg, of course, really useful and original request!
Mauro.

brother303

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2012, 12:09:32 pm »
Thanks Mauro!

:D

SLiC

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2012, 05:44:43 pm »
Please add 'proper preset browser directory', with all these expantion packs and new sounds there are just too many to have an alphabetical list, it needs to be sorted (sub menu) by type or pack etc....

mauronedj

• Beta-testers
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2012, 06:02:09 pm »
Please add 'proper preset browser directory', with all these expantion packs and new sounds there are just too many to have an alphabetical list, it needs to be sorted (sub menu) by type or pack etc....
Interesting feature Slic! :D

rodanmusic

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2012, 06:51:58 pm »
A nice improvement would be to set up a default template for the mixer output routing.  It gets annoying to have to change that every time I open a new kit.

Something that spark should have is a way to control other arturia instruments directly from the spark controller.  Better yet vst control like maschine, but I'd settle for being able to use something like arturia sem v straight from the Spark's knobs without ever leaving the controller or looking at the screen.

mauronedj

• Beta-testers
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2012, 08:05:32 pm »
A nice improvement would be to set up a default template for the mixer output routing.  It gets annoying to have to change that every time I open a new kit.

Something that spark should have is a way to control other arturia instruments directly from the spark controller.  Better yet vst control like maschine, but I'd settle for being able to use something like arturia sem v straight from the Spark's knobs without ever leaving the controller or looking at the screen.
I've made a Default project that include all the routings, call il whenever you start a new project and load a kit, it won't overwrite your Outputs settings!

I think that Arturia should made a Midi Template in all their synths for spark, rather than a spark template!

dijidave

• Beta-testers
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2012, 07:52:20 pm »

+1     8)

rodanmusic

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2012, 08:53:27 pm »

I've made a Default project that include all the routings, call il whenever you start a new project and load a kit, it won't overwrite your Outputs settings!

I think that Arturia should made a Midi Template in all their synths for spark, rather than a spark template!

Yeah that works!  The only annoying thing is that when you change a kit it will reset those to whatever output mappings the kits were originally set up with (main and nothing else).

I also agree on a revamp of the browser. I don't like it as it is now, but dragging from the file system works good enough I guess.  Preferably it would be like Maschine's browser where you could set up a default directory and then be able to browse samples straight from the hardware.  Something like a browse mode...select and step button 14? Then one click on the wheel could browse the sample home location folders.  Click once to enter a folder to browse samples.  Arrow buttons could be used to navigate up and down folders in the file browser, and the big knob could select samples.  Volume (next to panning) could change preview volume and the other knobs on that row (cutoff, resonance, aux 1, aux 2, panning) could affect the preview too.  A click with the kit knob on a sample could load it into the selected slot.  Would be awesome!

This brings me to something else.  Changing kits and instruments with that big knob is not exactly efficient.  It works, but it is slow.

I would really like to see a more full fledged synthesizer integrated with spark or a way to load vst instruments and auto map all the vst knobs to the spark knobs via some form of midi mode that can be activated without taking Spark out of host mode and changing into the current midi control mode.

I really like the Synths included, but often I want to adjust them just a little further than the available parameters allow.  Still I can get some pretty awesome things going as it is now.

I'd also like to see some form of step editing so I could change note values on each note individually.  I may be missing an easy way to do this.  The tune mode is great, and I think this should be expanded on.  I think you should be able to do tune mode using the pads and then change individual pitch for steps by selecting a pad then selecting its value using the pads in tune mode.

I also would like to see some sort of individual note gate control from the hardware like the AN200 sequencer has for more evolved rhythms.

Finally I would like to see the ability to send and receive midi cc and note values from external gear so I can sequence straight from Spark without using a DAW.  I find Spark stand alone mode to be the funnest way to use Spark.

Anyways, this is all wishful thinking, but I hope that Spark eventually gets a v2 with hardware update and I'll pick it up if it has some of these features for sure.  I also own Maschine which has a few of these options but they are implemented poorly imo and I have a lot more fun using Spark than I do using the Maschine.  I may just sell it as I rarely use it.  The only reason I keep it is for the excellent sample editing.  The sequencer is junk.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 09:48:14 pm by rodanmusic »

mauronedj

• Beta-testers
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2012, 03:32:48 pm »
Hi Rodan, I've added some of your suggestions but I can't really understand the others!

Can you please describe all the things more clearly so I can add them to the OP?

Mauro.

rodanmusic

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2012, 12:27:06 am »
I can try :)

1.  I would just like a default user set mixer output set up.  That way regardless of which kit I load the sounds are all outputted to the same outs as they always are.  I'd basically just like pads 1-16 mapped to outs 1-16 by default.

2. Maschine allows you to browse your own samples directly from the hardware.  I Would like an easy way to do this on Spark so I wouldn't have to hop into my DAW's browser to locate samples.

3. Basically in Maschine you load a vst into Maschine and it automatically sets up all of the knobs on the Maschine hardware to control knobs on the virtual instrument.  You can remap this if you want, but either way you have instant control over an instrument straight from the hardware.

4. I would like more synthesizer capabilities.  Currently synths only have like 6 or 7 available parameters to change the sound.  I would like more.

5.  I would like to have some form of editing with the top step sequencer that would allow me to change individual note pitch straight from the hardware.    The way I do it now is just press record and hope that I record it correct.  If I don't I have to delete it and try again.  I'd just like to be able to select the incorrectly played note and change its pitch from the hardware instead of changing the entire pattern's pitch in tune mode.

6.  Gate control is basically just a way to adjust the length of individual notes.  Sorta like decay.  However unlike decay you would be able to use this on a note by note basis so some notes could be long and some could drop off fast.  It helps a lot with creating a groove.  Step mode would work great for this cause then you could just click record it would select the first note and you would change the delay value at that point in the sequence and then continue doing that for each note you want to change.

7.   I would like to control external hardware's (and vst hardware) knobs using the spark in stand alone mode so I could alter parameters such as cutoff on my external gear on the fly without switching to midi control mode (which makes it so you can't record the changes).

Hopefully that makes a little more sense heh.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines