March 19, 2024, 05:38:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark Improvements!  (Read 163136 times)

Linn Solaris

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Spark Improvements!
« Reply #90 on: December 27, 2013, 04:13:14 pm »
Hello,

I've just ordered a spark Le yesterday, was wondering if these suggestions are followed feedbacked by Arturia somehow ?
Just to get a feel how this product will evolve int the future,dsi forum has a nice thread followed by Pym (Tempest) and hope to get the same level of interactivity with developers (it doesn't mean all wished haves to be answered positively),
Cheers !

cybervertigo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2014, 08:32:01 am »
at first the loop mode. it's annoying that the start point allways changes when you change the loop length. i think the "move" knob should stay at the same point even if i change the value of the "divide" knob. that would be great.

+1

tomek

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2014, 06:28:30 pm »
Just saw this topic... I'll just add here what I asked in my one:
(Spark CDM/LE)
1) Song recording
- A select+button shortcut to enter Song Mode.
- Recording the pattern changes.
2) Drag n drop audio from a Cubase audio track onto a Spark sampler pad.
3) Add an option to make the Select button latch. (on or off state instead of keeping it pressed)

Hi All!

I would very much like to see song recording.  That would be the nail in the coffin!

Key would be that it works in "Switch pattern instantaneously" mode.

EDIT - OK scrap this  ^^^.  Dumping midi while the DAW is recording works great. 

Now the next trick would be to record EVERYTHING you do on Spark into the DAW.

Just going to put this here to keep everything in one place.

Separate Audio Output for Monitor

THANKS!!  :)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 01:34:06 am by tomek »

Le0

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2014, 12:34:43 pm »
i would like to se a push and pull-short cut (SELECT + move ) for shifting all sequencer steps, like it is usual in lots of sequencer controlling synth/drums. if it is   already possible please inform me!
leo

rodanmusic

« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2014, 01:00:37 am »
i would like to se a push and pull-short cut (SELECT + move ) for shifting all sequencer steps, like it is usual in lots of sequencer controlling synth/drums. if it is   already possible please inform me!
leo

YES PLEASE.  This is one of the few things after Spark 2 that I would really appreciate!!!!

timrfrench61@yahoo.com

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2014, 03:37:21 pm »
I dont' see this in the list of requested improvements

Sample capture from audio interface with beat slicing, loop stretching, silence trimming, saving etc.

Le0

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2014, 05:34:53 pm »
I want a reverb in studioview for each track (not just for the auxtracks) also I would like to see a push and pull-knob for the steps.!!! please
leo

Insect O.

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Etui Records
« Reply #97 on: March 25, 2014, 09:54:11 pm »
feedback from my live sets with Spark LE:

1. finetuning is really important, especially for rides! So I need finetuning +/3 semitones for a controller knob. Just like the original 909 or in NI Battery

2. switch mute between Audio and MIDI notes. mute MIDI notes needs to play the last note (Sample or Synthengine) for its complete lenght .. itīs better for long sounds like rides.

Kosmology

• Beta-testers
« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2014, 05:09:18 am »
Not sure if these have been mentioned or whether there is any point until v2 is released but I would like to see:

• The Ability for the 'loop on' button to only be in effect only when it is pressed and held as opposed to latched, it's too easy to miss switching it off when improvising currently especially if you are doing other stuff with the Mutes or solos etc..
  • I wish that the slicer effects were started on a quantized beat, it's too hit and miss to be useful as they are generally not close enough to the beat. I'm presuming that this is down to my lack of accuracy when triggering them...
  • External Midi Control - I don't get why there is no mode that sends out 127 when a button is lit, and 0 when not lit so that buttons can visually indicate the on/off states of what they are controlling? The current method requires switching a button On and Off to affect a single state which means Gate mode must be used. It seems a shame when there are so many lights to indicate On on the Spark Unit.. Unless I'm (hopefully) missing something. I have set up a Device template for Geist so far and although it works well with gates, it would be so nice to have a visual indication of which tracks I have solo'd etc....
  • When using Note Mode to record I wish that it didn't change the pitch in other un-automated patterns
  • Different Step lengths for each Sequence would be good

I really love Spark, and I'm seriously looking forward to v2. I also use Geist which I love also, but Spark has a focus and workflow which is really good and the Controller is the business.

Kosmology

• Beta-testers
« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2014, 07:38:47 pm »
I'd also like to add Sequencing the Sample Start Position probably as an offset which would open many possibilities

tomek

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #100 on: April 17, 2014, 06:29:13 pm »
Sorry not sure if this has been mentioned before but...

Can we please make the factory projects not clip at zero dB by default?

Perhaps -2 dB would be nice.

Thanks, Tomek

LPHovercraft

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #101 on: April 17, 2014, 06:30:39 pm »
That implies 'tuning' the knee of the output saturation algorithm, which I'm fully in support of...

tomek

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2014, 07:30:28 pm »
ya some clip out as high as +15dB.  Not good for your gear and ear I imagine...

Kosmology

• Beta-testers
« Reply #103 on: April 17, 2014, 09:45:45 pm »
It would have to just be the volume of the presets which can be changed otherwise it would destroy backwards compatibility with all previous projects if the compression behaviour was altered. The preset volume is ok to change because DAWs no longer reference the original saved presets once saved in a DAW project.

Even if there was a global switch added which defaults to off, it would mean changing all of your own personal projects which use compression. But there could be a preset level switch to change the behavior which could be then enabled in all the factory presets.

What i am saying is that once a product is released, it becomes much more complicated to change fundamental behaviour without changing the sound of every previous Project that has been created in Spark, all you can do with anything that affects the sound is add new features/options unfortunately :)

LPHovercraft

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #104 on: April 17, 2014, 09:48:53 pm »
Sorry - I misread your request. I agree that the volume on these presets is WAY TOO LOUD across the board.

I thought that you were referring to the inflection of the volume *as* is moves toward 0dB.

Anyway - I agree that the overall volume of presets is very uneven.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines