March 19, 2024, 08:06:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark Improvements!  (Read 163157 times)

mixalis

Re: Spark Improvements!
« Reply #180 on: June 10, 2015, 11:16:44 am »
Well i hope i am not being to annoying here.. but i think it would be better when changing a project -kit - instrument, to automatically
 send you to the first page ..as it is now you have to press select and one after changing something...

No reason for that one i think :)

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #181 on: June 10, 2015, 11:58:46 am »
Well i hope i am not being to annoying here.. but i think it would be better when changing a project -kit - instrument, to automatically
 send you to the first page ..as it is now you have to press select and one after changing something...

No reason for that one i think :)

Yep, it's been asked for many times. No reason to stay on the same page once you have made the required selections

Cheers, Stuart
Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

LaserDolphin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • ?????
« Reply #182 on: August 10, 2015, 09:57:38 am »
Hi there have a improvement list too. I will post here and check later what points are in TOPIC...hope u like

SPARK-LE Hardware
Spark 2 on OSX 10.9.5
Standalone Mode

I like the SPARK LE.  :D

What i found, think an maybe can be better in LE, tell me mistakes or understanding problems:

„ - „  Points
„ # „ Questions/Issues/Explains

Hardware:

- Mini-USB Deconnection Protect, A Rubberband will work too ^^,
- TAP Tempo Option (Select+Play), for Liveperformance

AT ALL:

- Vectorgrafic alle the way (maybe)
- Window detaching or
- Window scaling, its better in all Tabs, more Room for a near complete DAW-potential SPARK-LE-Software
- GUI Part moving by drag to a place, for individual compact view, good for Liveperformance (maybe)
- Faster Sample/ Project Loading
- Project/Kit change by Playing (A/B Mode)
- Change Projects IN-TEMPO!!! Maybe with short Silence (but playing begins in Tempo) or with A/B Mode, means preloading Projects/ Kits
- Undo/Redo in the Window itselef not in Desktop-Bar
- MP3, FLAC Support (maybe)

Sequencer:

- Other Background to see steps better
- Automatic add Automations in Automatic-Editor (and Reset Automations on Param-Knobs in the Studio-Tab)
- chomatic pitch in Automation (like steps to the next chord note) ---< i know now to play notes...
- vertical keyboard in Automation (pitch per note)---< i know now to play notes...maybe ignore this

Mixer:

- Number of Pads 1-16
- Name of the Sound (if scale-abled more Room) like Laz, Bas, Pad, Inst…
- The Word „Master“ in the Bottom of Faders are useless, for me. There are Routing-options if i use other Audiodriver like ASIO or external Soundcards?

Studio

- Number of Pads 1-16 or Name
- Layer Sample choose from Library, not primary anywhere on the PC
- Reverb FX in Dropdown „Select Effect“
- Choke 1-16
- Layer Mode basic on „Stacked“, its better to hear added sounds when hit Pad
- VOL and PAN for each Sound added by the Knobs for P1,P2,P3, for easy tweaking the Sound and prelistening in the Sound-Editing Workflow, not in Main-Tab
- De-click Sounds or Zerocrossing Envelope, i hear clicks too much, Samples always should de-clicked, or its bad Sound Quality
- Empty Plate over the 2 Effect Sections? Why? Pls add a FX Section more or similar Parts for Edit
- Editing Parameters for each Layer in the Sampler
# Sometimes the Arrows to change a Instrument will not work, after editing the Instrument with Layers, add a Layer instrument, tweaking and then change the Basic Sound with the Arrow-Buttons (upper left rigt for first Instrument, not in the Sampler), the Sound don´t change, after open the menue to choose a Sound will work and change the Sound
# Why some Instruments have the Sampler in this Place and some have not? Its Confusing to Categorizing Sound this Way…If i want to Layering some Sounds, i dont have a Sampler, and can´t add one, because Sounds can always layered
# Save a Sound/Instrument easy or Copy Sound if tweaked, or is it done with rename the name?

- Sampler, better zoom handling, scrolling to zoom, click&hold
- Sampler-Wavform-Window need Grafik ADSR/AD/ADR or the Knobs
- Sampler-Waveform-Window need a Slicer Tools, like REX-Player
- Sampler-Waveform-Window should show the full waveforms without scrolling, actually full out-zoomed waveforms can scroll up/down and left/right a bit…not fit to the limit windows
# Sampler somtimes shows not a loaded samples when layered

- REX-Player needs better optical feedback, see when play a Slice, wavform reversed
- REX-Player, Layering REX-Files and Audiofiles
- REX-Player, editing every Slice with pan, vol, cutoff, vol, rev, dec, att…with optical feedback
- Finding REX-Files without change to the Library Tab

Modular:

- better readable Font and smooth or/and individual Colour
- UNDO/ REDO for Erase Modules, Knob tweaks, Connections (100 Steps)
- ADD routing to P1,P2,P3
- All Sounds are named in „Instrument 1-16“, this is confusing, when the Sound have a name like „Pop Drums_MT“ in Studio.
- A Save Button near the blinking ICON to save fast a New Sound for the Instrument. And loading only Modular Sounds

Library:

- Easier Bank Renaming, like Double-Click or RightClick Option
- Drag and Drop around the Instruments, Kits and Projects
- Preview listening in KIT-Tab by Click on ICON in the „KIT-Details“
- Categorized Projects by TEMPO too or make own Categories
- Category „Modular“

# Instruments are also ALL Sounds, i think Sound made with modular, should be found under Modular
# What are the Basic Instrument Categories? Instrument and Samples schould be separat. Most Samples are made with Instruments.
# Analog under Engine have same Modular Options like a/some Soundfile, but when i select „Analog“ and „Ride“…the Ride Sound is not listed but i can tweak it in Modular Section, so its for me Modular maked and found under Modular. Explain: choose Library, INSTR., Choose „Ride“, find „Grime Step_Ride“, load, tweaking in Modular-Section. Go Back choose now Analog or/and physical model, „Grime Step_Ride“ not available.
# Easy Way to change a own created Sound in some Projects. Explain: If i build a Kick or FX in Modular, and i want this Sounds in 3 Projects, i want easy Drag and Drop the Sound/Instrument on a Empty Place in any Kit or Project i want, after easy saving (a Point in „Studio“ above)

Prefs:

- Some Spark LE Skins
- Skin who make alle very clear, no Screws, Shadows, Textures
- FILE: Save a copy of audio always when a Sound is tweaked, if only Sequenced this is not needed
- FILE: add Filepath for own Soundfolders and list it in Library -> INSTR.

Best wishes and nice Update to SPARK 3!!!

Edit: Some Points i found like Scaleable the Window and CPU usage, okay...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 10:12:34 am by LaserDolphin »

mixalis

« Reply #183 on: August 10, 2015, 02:15:04 pm »
xaxaxax! nice ideas there....       

LaserDolphin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • ?????
« Reply #184 on: August 10, 2015, 06:43:50 pm »
xaxaxax! nice ideas there....       

Ay, Thanks man...i hope this will realy improve SPARK next Gen...User Feedback is the real and necessary Feedback. Arturia need us too not only for buying Stuff... ;D

Greetz from Germany

LaserDolphin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • ?????
« Reply #185 on: August 12, 2015, 07:33:14 am »
Hardware or Sequencer:

The Tune-Button should have a chromatic musical scale (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromatic_scale). Or play a chromatic Chord per Button/per Push, if possible. That means one Button (maybe A/1 in Seq. Section) play one of these Chords -> (http://www.tomanja.de/images/music/Akkorde.gif)

dustmoses

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #186 on: August 22, 2015, 02:34:21 am »
I'd love it if the drag and drop midi contained pitch and pan information; it's close to being useless for trap music without these or pattern change automation instead.

LaserDolphin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • ?????
« Reply #187 on: August 23, 2015, 11:02:36 am »
I would like some feedback from the arturia-bosses and programmer...
pro/ contra or a
"YES, we will do that in the next update, comming up around mid September"

Sillen

« Reply #188 on: August 24, 2015, 10:06:16 am »
On sparkLE HW using SELECT & TEMPO to control Shuffle.  ;)

dustmoses

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #189 on: August 25, 2015, 12:45:03 am »
On sparkLE HW using SELECT & TEMPO to control Shuffle.  ;)

That would be a great addition.

mixalis

« Reply #190 on: August 27, 2015, 10:46:41 am »
pro/ contra or a

what was the question again?? what did they confirm doing in the next update?

LaserDolphin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • ?????
« Reply #191 on: August 30, 2015, 11:16:48 pm »
pro/ contra or a

what was the question again?? what did they confirm doing in the next update?

They confirm nothing, i think nobody read my post, so i don´t know. Had i good Ideas, bad Ideas? Nobody out there...  ???
The last update was 5/2014, one year ago and Spark is not by a long shot a well-engineered and flexibel Tool.
But there ist potential. Maybe alle the focus is on BeatStepPro.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 11:21:32 pm by LaserDolphin »

mixalis

« Reply #192 on: September 15, 2015, 04:02:28 pm »
Ideas for Spark 2.2

Visualization of the instrument parameters when being edited in every page! not just the first!
Apply fx per sequence! like the Roland mx1 mixer.....
It would be nice to have the option to make all of the automations with the fx pad! not just pan/level filter and sends
Automatic return to the first page when a project kit or instrument is selected!
Bring back the touch and roll function...now its always on when selected..

matjones

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #193 on: September 17, 2015, 06:01:54 pm »
Hi all!

First post here but not a novice with Arturia products or DAWs.....

Firstly i LOVE the V collection and the update to V4 is superb!!!! fantastic value and a massive nostalgia trip for someone of my age :D

I didn't specifically buy it for Spark but i've been playing around with it for a while now and there are a couple of things which are causing it NOT to be my first choice for drum machine duties....

The main issue is the lack of song position pointer... i know this has been brought up before as i have searched the forum and the beta forum... this is a real showstopper for those of us who work in a more 'traditional song' way and quite possibly for others too! even my old Alesis mmt8/SR16 setup i had 20 odd years ago could cope with this... i use BFD2 for acoustic drums and it is simply superb!!

The lack of MONO outputs is annoying too, ok i can route each channel to a mono group but it's a ball ache :(

Personally i think Spark has HUGE potential in a very crowded market.... sonically it's wonderful for sure but those two things in particular stop me from using it.... PLEASE at least add song position pointer!!!

Sorry for the moan on my first post........ having a whale of a time with Arturia stuff apart from that :D

mixalis

« Reply #194 on: September 19, 2015, 07:29:55 pm »
Spark should have the option to copy only one instrument line to other patterns!
For example i want to copy only the snare drum from pattern 1 to pattern 2....

Its a must do for a drum machine..

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines