March 19, 2024, 11:29:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark Improvements!  (Read 163196 times)

ikt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Spark Improvements!
« Reply #105 on: April 28, 2014, 11:32:15 pm »
changeable color tempates, or at least some option besides the current squint inducing color scheme. There's a reason that most DAW software uses the colors they do, and Spark should follow suit with a better combo.

Seiishu

« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2014, 01:45:46 am »
Arturia, are we getting wav export function on a whole Song level anytime soon? I know we can export patterns, but some effects end abruptly if I export one or two patterns. I'd really like to see "Export Song as WAV" option if possible.

I understand it's possible to do that from some DAW, but some people don't use DAWs and rely on Spark software only. Some people do this for pure love, they are not professionals and they either don't have enough, or don't want to invest money in DAWs.

Can we get "Export Song to WAV/AIFF" option?

Kosmology

• Beta-testers
« Reply #107 on: May 05, 2014, 01:59:49 am »
Arturia, are we getting wav export function on a whole Song level anytime soon? I know we can export patterns, but some effects end abruptly if I export one or two patterns. I'd really like to see "Export Song as WAV" option if possible.

I understand it's possible to do that from some DAW, but some people don't use DAWs and rely on Spark software only. Some people do this for pure love, they are not professionals and they either don't have enough, or don't want to invest money in DAWs.

Can we get "Export Song to WAV/AIFF" option?

Might have mentioned before but it's very easy to achieve, for example if you get Cantabile Lite, load Spark, and then add an audio recorder vst such as Voxengo recorder you can easily record your song and it's all free :)

like this:

Seiishu

« Reply #108 on: May 05, 2014, 02:03:16 am »
Or I can even use RECORD WHAT YOU HEAR function on my sound card and using Adobe Audition, since I own whole CC package.

The thing is, I'd really like to see it integrated into Spark. If they did it with Export Pattern as WAV, I really don't understand why is it such a big deal to create "Export Song as WAV" option. Are there any limitations I am not aware of?

Kosmology

• Beta-testers
« Reply #109 on: May 05, 2014, 02:18:30 am »
I think the WAV export is more about when working in a DAW to drop WAVs to audio tracks, I imagine that's why it was developed.

TBH you are probably better off using the above than to record 'what you hear' as your soundcard may include analog signals such as your line in/mic inputs, and go through some unnecesary resampling/processing even if they are muted, whereas the above method will be a digital bit for bit recording essentially the same as a Spark export. Depends on your card and how it is configured, but personally I would use something like the above if you don't want to use a DAW export, to ensure you are getting a 1:1 recording.

Id Vicious

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #110 on: May 05, 2014, 10:24:35 pm »
Please make it possible to sequence Analog Lab from Spark, I don't want to use a DAW.  Thanks.

napishu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #111 on: May 06, 2014, 02:06:46 am »
Please make it possible to sequence Analog Lab from Spark, I don't want to use a DAW.  Thanks.

I think it's not profitable to update analog lab for support Spark hardware. Analog lab has its hardware - midi keys.

Buy BeatStep for sequencing anything =)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fatfUiHgsnc
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 02:12:16 am by napishu »

Mr. Roboto

« Reply #112 on: May 07, 2014, 09:03:10 am »
What I need in Spark 2.0 is an additional FX type: a Transient Designer.
It's different from a compresser which "just" makes the sound louder. A transient designer can help to give the sound more punch and Ooomph. It's a perfect tool to sculp individual drumsounds. It really can work wonders. One would be surprised how much difference there will be between using a compressor and a transient designer on drum sounds.
Less talk, more action!

djwaxxy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2014, 02:16:38 am »
i think it should load vsts and have full song export..im liking spark 2 and love the way it sounds but theres lots of things missing which other drum hybrids have..the whole song layout is very very dated,,,you cant export your song you can only drag parts which kinda defeats the whole '' do everything in spark adverts'' ..it also hasn't got any kind of count in which is unbelievable that's missing !!..it needs volume control over the metronome because once you start playing the metronome volume drops and you can hear it..it also should have keyboard control as well as spark hardware control ,I have maschine and I can use many other controllers all at the sametime when im using maschine in standalone.

as I said I love the sounds and like the phatness of the drums and like the way you can add modules to make new sounds but the actual sequencer,song mode..etc are very very basic and old fashioned and need modernising to be honest if I knew just how basic spark 2 was I don't think I would have got it but I couldn't demo it no store has it on demo near me I had to go off arturia demo vids which make it out much better than it actualy is..i hope it gets more features in future updates.

soulstar

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2014, 08:57:15 am »
Please update the manual, I had to find Sparkle features by trial and error e.g. enter song mode by pressing the 4 mode buttons at the same time.
Would be great if we could use
Select + Tempo knob to change swing,
Select + Move knob to shift a selected instruments pattern backwards or forward.

erik_oostveen

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #115 on: May 24, 2014, 03:58:54 pm »
Song Position.

HubyBlake

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • hugmusic.net
« Reply #116 on: June 02, 2014, 05:27:13 am »
Has anyone else mentioned they'd like FULL SCREEN MODE?

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #117 on: June 02, 2014, 08:33:59 pm »
Has anyone else mentioned they'd like FULL SCREEN MODE?

You'd only get about a 1/6th more GUI because of the aspect ratio.

Thanks, Stuart
Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

George Ware

« Reply #118 on: June 05, 2014, 08:18:38 pm »
1. Can you add KeyLab-61 as a built-in controller template inside Spark 2?
2. Add more than 16 pads?
3. Read and open Native Instruments Battery Kits?

TIA George Ware

DongKoo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #119 on: June 06, 2014, 12:31:56 pm »
2 things :
- loops mode for 1 pattern in the song/sequencer
- the name of the instru/sample/etc appears in the "studio" but not in the "sequencer". so in the sequencer we have to remember which one it is...

Win8 - Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz - 8Go DDR3
Arturia SPARK
Arturia MicroBrute
Arturia MiniLAB

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines