April 19, 2024, 12:59:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Low volume multi-out recording in Logic?  (Read 1698 times)

yangtze

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Yangtze's Soundcloud
Low volume multi-out recording in Logic?
« on: October 16, 2012, 10:18:05 am »
I found the audio volume to be very low when recording multiple Spark outputs in Logic. I compared to a single output recording which recorded at a significantly higher volume.

Is this normal? What would be the recommended way of increasing the volume? I already have the faders turned full up.

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: Low volume multi-out recording in Logic?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 08:59:33 am »
Did you check if there is a Compressor or something else that might increase the volume in the Master FXs in Spark mixer?
Kevin
Soft Arturia

yangtze

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Yangtze's Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 09:25:36 am »
I'm sure I can increase the volume by other means, no problem. I just wanted to check that it was normal that the recorded volume of tracks from multi-output would be significantly lower than the output volume of the combined signal?

Seb

• Tech-Support
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 09:35:46 am »

I think what Kevin meant is that when using multiple outputs, the sound going to the other outs is not processed by the Master effects. So if you had a gain control (compressor or other) on the master bus, the sound might differ when going through a different output.

Apparently Logic has a Gain/Trim utility to be used as an insert on a track, if all you need is gain, that could be what you're looking for.

yangtze

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Yangtze's Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 01:39:09 pm »
Ah! I didn't realise that. Thanks for that both. I'll check it out. Either way, yes I'm familiar with Logic's gain plugin, and will use that if necessary. I have it my head that it would be better to record at a higher level in the first place, but that may not be so important these days I guess.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines