March 19, 2024, 10:07:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 1.5.1 STILL has problem high CPU%  (Read 21032 times)

bela

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
1.5.1 STILL has problem high CPU%
« on: October 14, 2012, 07:12:13 pm »
 :-[ very upset this software   all ready update  the software still using high cPU ableton 8 40-50 %  if star playing example Spark  libary  and Fruity loops 10  70% CPU if I using regular software I heard scratch noise from the SPArk software its sucks. 
the native instruments  MASchine dont use much CPU%
How many memory we need or processor for work great?

sincerely joe

my system was windows 7 64 bit  intel core 7  720QM : 2.66 GHz - 1.6 GHz,  DDR3 1066/1333 MHz 8GB ATI Mobility™ Radeon® HD 5870, 1G GDDR5 VRAM
KOMPLETE audio 6 ASIO

sparki

Re: 1.5.1 STILL has problem high CPU%
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 09:18:54 pm »
same problem here! i also use fl-studio! 
an empty project with one instance of spark  running is about 40-65% of the cpu usage. if spark controller is connected it rises about 5-10%. I dindt benchmark this, just my impressions. if i add just a few other vst plugins then it kills my cpu.
i just reset my whole system, in order to hopefully solve this big problem. but even after full wipe of my pc and using new spark 1.5 it STILL f*cks up my cpu.

is there maybe a tweak or something?

please solve this. for me the spark is useless without the ability to run it with other synths in realtime.
how can this be that the spark is using this MASSIVE amount of  CPU ?

sparki

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 05:05:04 pm »
could someone of the stuff be so kind and respond something here??
i am not the only one with this BIG problem.
the spark is UNUSABLE!!

bela

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 08:34:36 pm »
all ready higher and its junk software          HIGH CPU% costumer service very poor 2 all readyI  spend 550 $ 2 month and don't work how come they selling marketing like that? >:(

REQUIRED CONFIGURATION
SPARK minimun       
    PC/Windows: 2 GB RAM; 2 GHz CPU
    Mac (Intel only) : 2 GB RAM; 2 GHz CPU
    2GB free hard disk space

silikonanswer

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 10:50:13 pm »
I am beginning to think I bought the wrong instrument. I wanted a drum machine and the controller part look great. But then I have problems with FL Studio and also pretty high CPU usage that its simply not aceptable. Are Arturia working ofpn this or is it Spark a dead product? Even with the quite impressive 1.5 version. Has anyone test it with Windows 8? Arturia tell the user how we could help you improving CPU usage. Even small companies had done great improvements in this respect. Look to Uhe Diva which cut drastically the use of CPU.

sparki

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 09:42:08 am »
dear devs, is maybe a logfile of the systems stats or similar helpful to you?
if there is anything we (your customers) can do to help solving this problem, then please tell.
if switching to ugly windows 8 is helping, than im willing to change, just for this poor piece of software...
its a shame that this thread is open for a few days right now and no one of you is answering!

silikonanswer

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 11:25:26 am »
+1 sparki. Can some developer answer or tell something? 

xtinct

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 06:09:12 am »
Although I do not have Spark 1.5.1 (Spark VDM user) it appears from what I have read that the issue may be related to Vista and later related windows operating systems and not necessarily any particular DAW. I have the same issue with my VDM using Vista with Ableton Live 8. What is confusing to me is that my mac OSX snowleapord or whatever friend runs his copy of VDM with no CPU issues whats so ever and his macbook has half as much processing power as my system and only 1g of RAM on board. So perhaps Spark was developed on a Mac platform and something critical was missed on the post Vista 64bit platforms....

silikonanswer

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2012, 09:43:01 am »
Has someone checked on Windows 8? I don't have Windows 8 release candidate installed.

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 10:10:34 am »
Hi all,
I am very sorry about that.
It seems that there is a compatibility issue with some Windows setup.
Unfortunately we can not reproduce it in our office.
We have several Windows computer with different CPUs and the CPU usage is not so big.
For instance under 15% on my Windows 7 64 bit with a core i5 3.1 GHz.

Please be sure that we are very sad about this and do our best to solve this problem.
I will try to get back to you ASAP and tell you how you could help (for those who are willing to).

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

sparki

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2012, 10:17:12 am »
i´ll wait for the official release of win8 and then give it a try. it should be released this month.
yesterday i installed the xp-mode on win7 and want to try spark on a virtual win xp pc. but unfotunately my virtual pc doesnt start (just freezes at the boot screen). so if anyone wants to try it, please tell summary here.

btw i also think it has nothing to do with the daw. even in standalone its quite unusable. i found that sample based kits have better performance, but if using the 909-kit for example the first factory patterns (a1-10) work fine, but from pattern 11-16 the cpu goes down, which ends in crackles, jumps etc.

i also had some cpu issues on spark 1.4 but with some workaround it was (also not very satisfying) usable, but since 1.5 my spark has turned into a useless piece of junk.

silikonanswer

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2012, 08:42:28 pm »
Thanks Kevin. With the collaboration of the forum members I am sure you will find how to solve it. Maybe with Windows 8 will be different.

sparki

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2012, 11:58:39 pm »
I can't wait anymore, few hours ago I wiped my PC and give windows 8 RC a try.
just installed necessary system drivers and spark. This worked and spark seemed pretty stable. then i installed my USB asio interface  and select it in spark preferences.
This caused exactly same CPU issues. I reinstalled the the USB asio interface with compatibility settings, restart system e voilà : it worked
the spark CPU meter is while running at about 40–50% and stay there. performance is way better now, but t it's still far from live using because sometimes CPU meter goes in the red area and then crackles appear (sounds like a buffer underrun).
i just tested the standalone version right now, which runs way smoother now but is still far from perfect.

which leads me to the question :
can anyone use spark with few synths and Traktor in realtime without any crackles?
i want to use it live on gigs but this is still impossible 

brother303

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2012, 01:51:42 pm »
Hi all,

I started this thread ( http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=5950.0 ) in march and NOTHING has been solved/improved during the last 7 month.

The hardware is great, but the software sucks. A lot of users here (incl. myself) were describing their system configurations here and it is surely not a Windows7 or DAW-related problem...

Instead of adding fancy new features to Spark, Arturia, please do your homework and fix this shit! It´s still close to be unusable and that´s no more acceptable, since you had enough time to scratch your heads and solve the problems. It´s our money you´d been taken and all we´ve got back from you are "fancy new features" but not a software that simply works as other programms do. VERY DISSAPOINTING!!!

???

Cheers
Greg

sparki

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2012, 04:32:03 pm »
today i wanted to WORK with spark and load it as vst in fl-studio on my FRESH & CLEAN PC. There is just FL-Studio and Spark installed, nothing else!
and...still same shit. it is fully unusable. the only way to make it kind of work is using a triple buffer in the fl-studio audio settings, but this result in a big lag.
i really tried everything i can imagine now and NOTHING worked, even wiped my PC 2 times right now, just for this useless piece of crap.
i think i will sell my spark and buy a NI Maschine, i dont like NI much, but their stuff is working. So please hurry guys, i want to make music and not benchmarking and testing for you (...but i would)
if it comes to selling my spark, this was definately my last product of arturia. i will also tell everyone i know to not buy anything from arturia anymore, because updating the spark software WHILE knowing the CPU issues and dont do ANYTHING about it is just impertinent.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines