October 26, 2014, 07:05:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Arturia's webmaster is glad to offer you these brand new forums ! Have fun using it and feel free to email any encountered problem at webmaster@arturia.com.

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Audio in threshold  (Read 921 times)

GFC

• Apprentice
Audio in threshold
« on: October 10, 2012, 05:36:02 pm »
Is it possible in the next firmware update , to lower the thresholds by 10-20db or even the lowest setting by that amount as I find it very hard to trigger via audio gate without driving what ever i want to trigger it very hot.

Thanks

konspirativ

• Apprentice
Re: Audio in threshold
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 09:08:22 pm »
I second this request if possible! It's very difficult to trigger with any of the current settings, even with a drum machine or sampler hit at maximum volume.

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 09:53:58 am »
unfortunately the thresholds level are not controlled by the firmware. It would need a hardware modification. A resistor value has to be changed.
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Peter K

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 07:56:44 am »
It would be worth changing that resistor value in subsequent Minibrutes, and perhaps making a PDF available for current users to pass along to techs.  I ran other synths from the regular audio output with no luck, and had to start using the headphone out to get even close.  It would make parallel processing of synths much more feasible if the input level was more in keeping with what we've seen with other analog and digital signal processors. 

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 10:01:30 am »
It would be worth changing that resistor value in subsequent Minibrutes, and perhaps making a PDF available for current users to pass along to techs.
Yes good idea, I don't know when, but I will for sure provide this PDF file.
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

leighmarble

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 07:55:18 pm »
Hi, digging up this old thread, but I'd be happy to start a new topic if anyone prefers...

Has a Technote been published for how to mod the Minibrute for a hotter audio input?

I was just trying the Audio In as a Gate Source again, with a drum machine as the source. Even with the drum machine's output volume at maximum, and the "Audio Gate Threshold" set to Low with the Minibrute Connection software, it still was not triggering at all. I had to patch in a preamp to add another 18dB of gain in order for the Gate to trigger, at which point the preamp's meters were indicating a +12dB output. That's pretty goddamn loud. A "low" threshold setting shouldn't require that much juice!

Thank you,
Leigh
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 07:58:30 pm by leighmarble »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines