March 19, 2024, 07:51:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Render FX-Pad-automation on Audio-files  (Read 2501 times)

storoi90

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Render FX-Pad-automation on Audio-files
« on: October 08, 2012, 11:01:23 am »
Hi,

I know itīs possible to automate the FX-pad via the "Plug-in Automation" section in Pro Tools,
but i want the automation to stick on to my rendered audio-files as well.

To be more clear, letīs say i have a bar in my song where i need Bank A Pattern 4 to have an Oberheim-filter on it.
I can do that when Spark is running in real time with the "Plug-in Automation"-section in PT, but what if i want that particular bar in the song to be an audio file? Do i have to print it manually in Pro Tools via busses, or can it be rendered somehow within the Spark software?

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: Render FX-Pad-automation on Audio-files
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 11:42:35 am »
Sorry this is not possible for the moment in Spark.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

slumbermachine

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • SlumberMachine - Progressive Ambient Electronic Music
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 06:22:00 am »
This is something I've been trying to figure out how to do ever since I got the update with the new filters. I am a Sonar X2 user and the only way I've found to import my spark audio into my X2 projects is to either drag and drop a pattern to an audio track or export to wav and then import in X2. So, how could I get some filter automation imported?

I figure I just need to record the audio while the spark plays to a track, but I can't seem to be able to route the audio so it actually records, bounces, or freezes to a track. Anyone know some steps to get this done?

storoi90

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 08:08:08 pm »
Here is what i do in Pro Tools:

1. Load up Spark on an instrument track

2. When Spark is loaded up in Pro Tools, i go to the automation-page thatīs specific for Pro Tools.

3. I choose the LPF cut and LPF res from the automation-page (This will automate ANY of the filters on the FX-pad)

4. I Press record on the Spark instrument track, and record the automation on the instrument track.

5. Now i choose a new Audio track, and bus Spark instrument track over to the audio track and record the automation that way.

Itīs a pain, it really lags, and i really do hope they integrate FX-pad automation IN SPARK eventually :)

Since itīs such a pain, what i typically do is experiment with the FX-pad, and when itīs time to really import stuff in Pro Tools i use my own filters, gates etc.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines