Modified by Bruno: Case fixed, it was an unplugged cable inside the machine.
I just got my minibrute today only to notice that it was SEVERELY defective, including:
- pitch bend range knob has no effect on pitch bend range
- octave buttons do not work + octave LEDS do not light up
- LFO rate has no effect at all (arp/free)
- LFO wave selection works sometimes
- Tempo knob has no effect whatsoever, though tap tempo works fine.
- misc odd behaviors such as the arp not turning off / randomly triggering despite being off
I am not a synth novice so this number of issues could not possibly arise from a lack of understanding. Of course I'm going to have the unit replaced (not looking forward to the synthless wait). My question is, how common are these units with dead functions? The unit is so severely defective, and it's by first minibrute. I'm leaning toward this being a completely outlier case; that my replacement unit should be essentially flawless, but I thought I'd bring this up either way.
That said, I absolutely love the sound and character of this unit. Thoughts anyone?