April 26, 2024, 10:24:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Feature suggestions  (Read 8534 times)

Dr Sync

Feature suggestions
« on: July 25, 2003, 10:10:25 am »
Hi everyone and especially Arturia team!

Sorry if this has been suggested already.

1. 2-pole multimode filter. Should have three extra knobs for adjusting the amount of LP, BP and HP components (maybe also a 'thru' component) which are then mixed and sent to the filter output. The knobs should also have 'invert' switch, or simply have zero level at center position, turning to the left producing the inverted signal. Individual outputs for LP BP and HP also would be nice.

Similar feature for ladder filters (each stage's output) would also be very interesting as this would allow building Xpander type filters.

From the GUI point of view these can be something like 'advanced' modes of viewing the filters.

2. Mixer elements should allow using AM inputs for ring modulation. The easiest way is probably doing it like on ring modulation module in Nord Modular where the amount of modulation allows to morph between zero modulation, AM and RM.

Inversion switch on mixer elements also would be nice, or at least have an inverted sawtooth output on the oscillators (or maybe just being able to switch the sawtooth polarity for each oscillator).

3. Toggling between oscillator sync resetting to zero level or to transition point (or even more interesting a knob which allows continuous choice of sync point). The same knob could control the oscillator starting position upon key press. In the latter case note on event can be included into sync source list for oscillators and then it's easy to choose between freerunning and restarting oscillators.

4. Being able to make 'chain' rather than 'fan' cable connections would be a nice GUI addition. Another one would be being able to reconnect the cable not only at the output end, but at the input end as well (maybe use Shift or Ctrl to indicate that).

Best regards,
Dr Sync

Dr Sync

Feature suggestions
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2003, 10:16:56 am »
Oh and I forgot, would be very nice to have selfoscillation which doesn't need to be excited by an input signal and then sounds good and doesn't stop at high cutoffs including ultrasonic frequencies. This is very desirable for making some Jarre-style oxygenic effects. Of course sine oscillator can be used instead, but it just would be nice to have vintage selfoscillation.

Best regards,
Dr Sync

rouge

Feature suggestions
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2003, 10:24:36 pm »
Hello Arturia,

I would also like to see the the waveforms run freely and not reset each time a key is pressed just like on the orignal Mg. Also to add to what Dr. Sync said about the resonace, I would like it to sound fuller and more powerful like the orignal Mg. To my ears it sounds a bit weak and detached and doesnt really have the full body of analog resonace. I have found this to be common among most native software synths ( weak resonace ). The only native soft filter I've heard with analog-like resonace is the Ohmforce Quad Forageohm which also has a Mg filter emulation, and the Creamware minimax and Pro One synths (which are not really native, you need the creamware hardware to run them). PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Arturia work on these things IMHO they are the some of the most important things holding this synth back from being a very close emulation
of the orignal.

Thanks, rouge

Anonymous

Feature suggestions
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2003, 11:35:04 pm »
Dear Arturia,

If you could add a feature similar to that in NI's Reaktor where I can set the sample rate to 11025 or 22050 whilst auditioning the MMV and then I can set it to 44hz and bounce the mix to disk in Logic. This should stop my computer from keeling over.

thanks in advance  :wink:

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines