March 19, 2024, 06:11:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Syncing Arpeggiator to external Gate signal  (Read 5312 times)

svmcwd

• https://steppenwolfvonmensch.bandcamp.com/
Syncing Arpeggiator to external Gate signal
« on: November 15, 2013, 03:22:45 am »
When trying to sync the Minibrute arpeggiator to an external analog gate signal the arpeggiator somehow ignores the gate input and runs synced to the internal clocked while the envelopes are additionally triggered by the gate input.

Did I overlook something in the settings or is that not supposed to work in first place? Will it be fixed or is it fixed already and I missed something?
Veganism rules.

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
Re: Syncing Arpeggiator to external Gate signal
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 10:16:03 am »
unlike MicroBrute, minibrute can not go to the next seq/arp step with Gate input. It's a limitation of the Hardware.
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

snowcrash

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 04:07:07 pm »
Too bad it's a hardware issue. The old Rolands where especially nice for rhythmically clocking the ARP or the sequencer (Juno60/SH101 etc...).

I think currently there is no new product (except the Microbrute's sequencer) that supports that much overlooked feature with an ARP. And you can't do this with Midi! *hint*hint* ;)

Btw. how does the Minibrute react to irregular incoming clock signals? The Microbrute e.g. offers a function to turn of automatic clock detection. With that option implemented one could use midiclock modifiers to get rhythmical variations (Midipal anyone?).

Though I guess it will not be a full substitution for free rhythmical analog next-step sequencing anyway and it's rather tedious to implement.

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 04:30:14 pm »
The Microbrute e.g. offers a function to turn of automatic clock detection.
it's an option to disable automatics clock switch between internal and Midi. in Auto if a midi clk is received, it used it, if it disappears, it switch back to internal.

Both Mini and Micro does not average the received Midi clocks to determine the tempo(except some extrapolation for the LFO), they rather play an even (or not) on each received clocks.
That means that if you can provide an irregular midi clock that could to the job for the ARP.
how does the Minibrute react to irregular incoming clock signals?
on 1/4 it with play a note every 24 clocks, in 1/8 every 12, and 1/16 every 6.
So with swing = 1 at 1/4 step
clk 1 -> step 1 note on
clk 13-> step1 note off
clk 25 -> step 2 note on
clk 37- >step 2 note off

with different swing options note off will be postponed by few clock, one note over two

So if you're able to generate irregular midi clk messages, I think it could do the job.
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

svmcwd

• https://steppenwolfvonmensch.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 06:24:26 am »
I don't really understand why the Minibrute is so limited with the clock thing (no MIDI clock out, no CV clock in).

Will both limitation be changed with the next software update? When will it be released anyway?
If it isn't changed, which low priced hardware devices being currently sold do you suggest to add both missing features to the Minibrute?
Veganism rules.

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 04:18:16 pm »
Will both limitation be changed with the next software update?
Midi clk out, we are discussing it, so it could. CV clock as said it's a hardware limitation

When will it be released anyway?
It will for sure, we are currently the features that will be implemented. Late November has been said, I have to said we're a bit late, but a beta should be available during December. The official release will take place as soon as it's properly beta tested and validated.
I will post a poll about user requested features soon too.
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

stoolzo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 01:32:21 pm »
dont suppose you added cv in seq /arp control in SE version?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines