March 28, 2024, 11:31:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Update Fixed: Keyboard Defect  (Read 6903 times)

dkMode

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Update Fixed: Keyboard Defect
« on: September 15, 2012, 05:45:39 am »
Update Fixed!:

First and foremost I love this synth! I love it's build an features. I like others have been patiently waiting for this synth to add to my arsenal. I got it at a steal for $399.

Ok now for my complaint:

The Keyboard has a major defect. Not just on my model.

The C1, C#1 and C3 are being blocked by internal object so they can't be fully depressed. Not to mention there is no fluid mobility in those keys. I suspect it's a screw or it's housing that maybe blocking those keys.

At first I was going to return the unit but instead I rechecked the floor demo model. It has the same problems. I drove to the next store in my retailers chain. Their floor model also had this defect. 2 stores 3 mini brutes with the same problem. Which leads me to believe this is a manufacturer error.

It's Friday night and I am now at my friends Audio Institute. Instead of us conducting a session we are in disbelief over this flaw. It literally jams your fingers.

I know there are work arounds such as using a DAW, Sequenecer with a Master Keyboard but that defeats the purpose of having it built in.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 11:04:42 pm by dkMode »

dkMode

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Keyboard Defect
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 10:58:43 am »
After careful inspection with Professional Audio Engineers playing with my Mini Brute for the past 6 hours. We have all agreed, 3 of us, the screw housing was incorrectly placed below those keys. We also agreed it messes up live play. We also agree pressing on those keys after long use will result in broken keys sooner than later.

I will provide a picture tomorrow for further proof. It is not loose but the way it's actually built.

I hope others will take the time to look at their units.

We still love the sounds produced by this synth. We all love it but the others will wait to see a solution to this problem before buying it.

electronicpoison

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 04:24:30 pm »
hello
how can i see if my unit have the same defect?

dkMode

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 01:24:10 am »
Hold on trying to figure out how to upload a photo from my iPhone.

Without a picture. Get good lighting. Look in between the keys, see the red ribbon underneath? Follow it all the way to the left. You'll notice a metal screw housing blocking the far two left keys. First white first black key. C1 & C#1.

Once I figure out to upload the photo I will.

dkMode

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 01:56:33 am »
hope that works.

washburn

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 03:45:12 am »
mine doesnt have this problem, its all red all the way through with nothing sticking out

dkMode

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 05:19:06 am »
Good so it's not every model. Thanks for checking! At least I got confirmation mine is a defect! :-\ my retailer sold out and I have to wait until they resupply.

washburn

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 05:37:27 am »
maybe this is an easy fix you could try yourself?

I'm guessing its just a bit of plastic left over on the white key that could be removed, I'm not sure about warranty if you open up the unit though, better wait for Arturia rep to reply first.

jimtheswede

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 07:01:26 am »
I've noticed no problems with the keybed.  I am finding it very expressive and is of  built with quality parts.  Sorry if you have a defective unit.

electronicpoison

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 02:42:24 pm »
okay my unit also donot have this defect .happiness

dkMode

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 12:58:48 am »
It's not plastic but solid metal. I've tried to move it with a screwdriver with no luck. I honestly think the bottom case screw housing had been placed above the red ribbon. I'll call a rep Monday morning to see what the warranty program is like, or if a return is better suited.

;D I am extremely happy for all you who are checking it out and don't have this issues! This is a sick synthesizer.

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 10:56:05 am »
I opened a keybed to understand your problem. I looks like the iron parts maintaining the aftertouch went out, or as not been properly screw, into its supposed place.
If so it's very easy to fix, it should be done in 5 minutes....
Contact me by PM or at support desk I will give you the detailed process.
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

dkMode

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2012, 11:02:43 pm »
High Five for Bruno and the Arturia Team. If anyone ever has the same issue "Tech Note 5" is what you may need. The Velocity Ribbon Holding Plate was screwed in tight but still had enough room to wiggle.  Im glad they allowed me to open it up. I got some nice pics and synth that is now working flawlessly.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines