March 19, 2024, 08:58:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: New Drumstation 808 kit  (Read 7262 times)

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
New Drumstation 808 kit
« on: September 12, 2012, 06:02:14 pm »
Here is a new kit i made for you sampling the novation drumstaion, 808

enjoy.

http://ul.to/f9ngoxaz

let me know what you think.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 09:04:45 pm by terrym »
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

mpc60champ

• Beta-testers
Re: New Drumstation 808 kit
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 03:25:42 pm »
Hi Terry,

Do you mind if I rerecord your samples into my samplers and distribute them for free? I am going to sample your sounds on my mpc60 and ensoniq eps. I will sample the sounds on as many frequency ranges and sample rates on my ensoniq. I will give you credit and shout outs on a text file.

Let me know. Cheers

Blue Monster 65

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 12:50:30 pm »
As always, thanks, Terry!  You do great work and I surely appreciate it. 

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 10:03:36 pm »
As always, thanks, Terry!  You do great work and I surely appreciate it.

no problem glad you like my samples.
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 10:04:50 pm »
Hi Terry,

Do you mind if I rerecord your samples into my samplers and distribute them for free? I am going to sample your sounds on my mpc60 and ensoniq eps. I will sample the sounds on as many frequency ranges and sample rates on my ensoniq. I will give you credit and shout outs on a text file.

Let me know. Cheers

once again no problem .they are free for all to enjoy.
ps don't for get to send me a copy.
TerryM

mauronedj

• Beta-testers
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 10:06:54 am »
Thanks man, good job :D

mpc60champ

• Beta-testers
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 05:17:28 pm »
@Terrym I just finished recording the sounds into my MPC60 and now I will record the MPC60 DA/AD conversion of the kit into my computer and transform it into a preset for all to enjoy. The only sound I have in question is the high tom. Is that really the high tom Novation used? It doesn't sound like the rest of the toms recorded. Let me know before I make a kit out of it.

Thanks.

BTW The hats i recorded on my MPC60 definitely have more crispness to them.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 06:00:40 pm »
@Terrym I just finished recording the sounds into my MPC60 and now I will record the MPC60 DA/AD conversion of the kit into my computer and transform it into a preset for all to enjoy. The only sound I have in question is the high tom. Is that really the high tom Novation used? It doesn't sound like the rest of the toms recorded. Let me know before I make a kit out of it.

Thanks.

BTW The hats i recorded on my MPC60 definitely have more crispness to them.

Hi there, the tom is correct on my novation ,i know it's a bit week but this is how it sounds on my unit.

im thinking of doing another 808 kit soon as im going to use the real thing in a few weeks.

regards
terrym
TerryM

mpc60champ

• Beta-testers
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 09:24:38 pm »
Yea, I thought that was a tom from a vinyl record. OK. I'm almost done with the MPC60 regular and MPC60 (hot signal) versions. Probably by Sunday. Hold tight.

mpc60champ

• Beta-testers
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2013, 09:25:25 pm »
How do I put my own artwork on the kits I'm sending out? Like how do I make them visible in the browser?

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2013, 03:57:49 pm »
How do I put my own artwork on the kits I'm sending out? Like how do I make them visible in the browser?

Hi .first make sure your picture is named the same as the kit ,i use png format but you can use jpeg .then go into library and the edit button,there you will see a button (change image) just click on that and add your picture. when you have completed the kit/project. export the project/kit into a spark file .then compress the file so it will fit onto the forum you as an attachment .

look forward to hearing this kit

regards

terrym

TerryM

mpc60champ

• Beta-testers
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2013, 04:25:10 pm »
I've been busy with work and stuff. I'll post either tonight or tomorrow night.

mpc60champ

• Beta-testers
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 06:04:39 am »
This is the first kit I uploaded. Let me know if it loads right. I recorded Terrym's sounds with the highest input gain into my MPC 60 without distorting. I used the right side of the signal from my emu 1616m. Then I saved each kit into the MPC 60 then I rerecorded each hit into the emu 1616m using presonus studio 1 v2.5. No effects were added.

I panned the tom's to the right side as much as possible instead of using the center channel because panning to the left you can tell that novation used a sample of an 808 tom and layered with novation's oscillaters to make it sound more fluid. Turn off the master compressor if you can this kit sounds amazing in Spark without it.

I will try to post the MPC 60 version where everything was recorded with the middle amount of inpuit gain when I can.

Peace

http://ul.to/y8grl971

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2013, 10:34:26 am »
nice one thanks ,the only thing i had to do is bring down the levels in the mixer as some sound were distorting .also when i tried to save the changes sparked crashed ?? but i think this is a bug .
thanks again nice work

terrym
TerryM

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines