March 19, 2024, 06:44:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: New Mg Modular update - Plugin no longer available  (Read 3594 times)

trailerman

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
New Mg Modular update - Plugin no longer available
« on: July 18, 2012, 01:19:31 pm »
After installing the new Mg Modular Update (2.6.3) the plugin is no longer available in any of my templates - allprojects I load with the plugin present fail to find it, and Analog Factory also can no longer use the full Mg Modular plugin.

This is a real PITA.  Have Arturia changed the plugin name or descriptor with this update?  If so, what's the workaround?

Thanks for any help.

Jules

stuey

• Spark Moderator
Re: New Mg Modular update - Plugin no longer available
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 02:02:27 pm »
I think that the updates once installed are now installed in a folder called 'Arturia' whereas before they were in their own folders in Applications. The change was around the inclusion of Analog factory / Laboratory etc so if you have both you'll notice you have an Arturia folder with a few things in and a list of virtual instrument folders. Preferences were either in Application support or preferences. Similarly all preferences are now in /Library/Preferences where as they used to sit in a number of different locations including Application support. (Mac paths)

Whenever you upgrade it's always a good idea to export your banks and presets

The fact that analog lab cannot use the plug in is because it cannot find the preference path in order to open it. 

When you say 'Plug in' do you mean in a DAW? Do you have the new version of .dpm files in your plug in folders?

I tend to move the .dpm file out of my plug in folder before i upgrade as it doesn't always update it. This way you know you're getting a new installed plug in.

Basically you need to move your preferences into the newly created preferences folders that the new versions have installed.

What system are you on? Mac PC?

Stuart   
Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
Re: New Mg Modular update - Plugin no longer available
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 05:38:58 pm »
...  Have Arturia changed the plugin name or descriptor with this update?  If so, what's the workaround? ...

Actually they did rename the Mg Modular V 2 and the MiniMg V! The new name is Modular V 2/Mini V .dll or .vst3 and you can:

a) rename the plugin-file to work with your tamplates and projects, or
b) save your templates and projects with the new plugin.
(Same for the EFX version.)

There are no path changes under Windows!

To work with the Laboratory Software again, you have to update the Laboratory to 1.5.1.

PS: The Factory doesn't need the plugins or virtual instruments at all, it's independent. I guess you where talking about the Laboratory...  ;)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines