March 28, 2024, 04:39:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: usb joysick support as a virtual midi controller type-suggestion  (Read 4282 times)

dave42

hi, i am a pleased owner of Mg modular v, now called modular v. i have a suggestion for possible future update, it would be nice if i could use my games joystick as an assignable "midi" controller - possibly to operate the twin joystick controllers in modular v.
perhaps also support older game port joysticks? because joysticks are 2d controllers, they could give intuitive control of virtual joysticks in mmv...perhaps also make joystick buttons assignable, particularly to select which of the mmv joysticks to control, perhaps using the "fire" button to toggle which joystick you control. if all this was treated like a form of midi controller it would be very flexible. a similar feature could be imlemented in non joystick synths, allowing a usb joystick control to be fed into the modulationmatrix for example. interested? has this got any legs? is arturia interested? just a suggestion, which i hope gets back to arturia...regards, dave, happy user of several arturia synths.

Nantonos

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: usb joysick support as a virtual midi controller type-suggestion
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 09:00:24 pm »
This would be useful, but it is unrelated to Arturia. If you have a MIDI controller, the Arturia software can use it. So it is just a case of hooking up an analog joystick to a suitable controller, they telling the software which MII CC numbers to respond to.

dave42

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 04:52:51 pm »
thanks for your suggestion. i am hoping to avoid the expenseof a special midi encoder joystick, and use my usb games joystick that i already have. interestingly, my steinberg daw (cubase essential 5) lists my usb joystick as a supported device, so i have approached steinberg with a view to finding a suitable solution within the daw itself... :)

Nantonos

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 10:31:51 pm »
Responding further since I am adding a 2d joystick myself, this week. I used a 2d analog joystick from Eowave at 20 € (it comes mounted on a circuit board with flying leads and a joystick handle, not shown on the eowave site) plugged into a Doepfer wheel electronic at 40  € which can handle four analog inputs (at 7 bits) and provides midi in and out.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines