March 28, 2024, 09:02:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can't upgrade to V-Collection 3  (Read 5448 times)

jerrykeating

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Can't upgrade to V-Collection 3
« on: August 01, 2012, 03:05:32 pm »
So Arturia sends me a nice email encouraging me to upgrade to V-Collection 3 at the very attractive price of $199. I already own Mg Modular, ARP2600 and CS-80, purchased separately. I went to the website, got a promotional code, entered the code, but was still going to be charged the full price of $399 instead of $199. The code message said that I had applied the promo code, but it was worth $0.00.
I tried this several times to no avail. Maybe it saw the code as already used and wouldn't apply it again? As usual, my email to Arturia so far has gone unanswered. My difficulty in getting responses from Arturia in the past has tempered my desire for their products. That's the main (maybe only) reason I haven't jumped on Spark, and am wary of getting any product that I might need support for - even simple install, eLicenser setup to get started.
Anyway, all will be forgiven and forgotten if I can get this upgrade for the advertised $199. Maybe I'll even go for Spark. I've got Maschine, Stylus, Battery, and a host of others.
Merci,
jk

tanaelyn

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Can't upgrade to V-Collection 3
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 03:28:19 pm »
I also received a nice email to upgrade my V-Collection to version 3.  Fortunately I was able to use the coupon code successfully and purchased the upgrade.  I registered the product and that's when the problems started.  When I received the activation code and entered it in the eLicenser Control Center, it said that the code had already been used.  I upgraded the eLC and ran maintenance on it but the same problem still occurred. So I contacted technical support for a solution to this problem.  After several emails back and forth, they finally sent me a new activation code. When I entered this code, the eLC activated another licence for V-Collection 2 with the letters AL appended to the end.  The code was not for a version 3 license.  I can still run the original instruments from V-Collection 2 but not the new ones for v3 (Spark, Wurlitzer or the Oberheim SEM). I have contacted tech support about this latest issue but have yet to hear back from them. 

jerrykeating

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 05:11:11 pm »
Thanks for your reply. It may well be that if I get past the initial hurdle of being able to upgrade at all for the $199, there may still be other obstacles on the road to a functioning Collection 3.

starrice

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 10:55:34 pm »
I too received that enticing email, I had sworn off of Arturia products for 2 yrs. I took the bait and ordered the V3 Collection, installed it on my Macbook Pro and viola! Installed like a charm and works even better, no problems at all. Good job Arturia! Spark is really really good.

jerrykeating

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 05:46:49 pm »
Problem was resolved after I emailed to sales-inquiry@arturia.com. I saw this link in another forum message, tried it, and received a new promo coupon code in a couple days. I plugged that in and got the discounted price. I had no problems installing and authorizing so far.
I just received the following email from Arturia:
"In the last weeks Arturia implemented a new customer support system. This will allow us to give faster and more accurate answers to our users.

Because of the system transition I don't know if your bellow e-mail has been already answered or not. If not, then could you please simply forward this e-mail to:

sales-inquiry@arturia.com

We will come back to you as soon as possible,

All the best,

Denis"

So that may help to explain the black hole that my first requests for help went.

Thanks to others on the forum for helping us out.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines