December 21, 2014, 05:42:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Arturia's webmaster is glad to offer you these brand new forums ! Have fun using it and feel free to email any encountered problem at webmaster@arturia.com.

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How do I save pattern changes?  (Read 511 times)

lnikj

How do I save pattern changes?
« on: July 29, 2012, 08:02:43 am »
Hi

New to Spark (software only). Using AU on Lion 10.7.4, with Live 8.

I choose a kit in Spark and change pattern, to, say, Bank A Pattern 3. I save that in Live.

Next time I load the my saved Live project, Spark plays Bank A pattern 1.

Just to check that it is not a Live problem, I tried the same in Garageband, and got the same result.

Spark surely cannot be designed to work in this way, so I must be doing something wrong?

Nik

stuart

• Spark Moderator
Re: How do I save pattern changes?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 02:35:42 pm »
Hi, welcome ....

Saving patterns are just a case of clicking 'save' on the Spark GUI. It then gives you the option to save, or save as.

But i think you're referring to 'follow song' in a DAW which at present it cannot do.
Have a look at the thread here
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=6763.0

This goes through how you can map patterns and banks to midi numbers to therefore mimicking 'follow song' By saving a blank pattern at the beginning and end of your song would also give you a start and stop.

Command click each pattern(Mac), this gives you the learn function, click 'Learn', it then highlights blue saying 'Learning', hit a midi note on a midi control keyboard, it then gives you the midi note number it has learned

stuart
Mac, Pro Tools
Spark CDM, Minibrute, Analog Laboratory 61, Beatstep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines