March 19, 2024, 06:59:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Track made with Origin  (Read 4354 times)

ASch

Track made with Origin
« on: July 25, 2012, 12:40:16 pm »
Thought I'd share - I'm not a great keys player, and the mix is a bit rough (soundclound seems to have mangled some of the harmonics when it did its translation) but this track is performed with the Origin Keyboard in realtime with no overdubs:

http://soundcloud.com/asch-2/a-scharp-difference-b-etween-e

I do use a Novation Launchpad through some custom software to add additional realtime MIDI automation of the Origin's sequencer pattern switching and voice selection.

Enjoy  :)

Andreas

chimpy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Track made with Origin
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 01:44:56 pm »
A splendid effort Andreas, especially since it was performed Live. Hopefully with some practice I'll get as accomplished with sequencer tracks as you.
Well done.

Chimpy.

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
    • Soundcloud page with synth demos
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 05:16:25 pm »
Wow that is really impressive. Especially that it was played live with no overdubs. What is that polysynth patch around 1:30? Maybe you could post the multi/programs

ASch

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 06:17:32 pm »
Thanks for the comments folks!  ;D

The polysynth that jumps in with the chords at 1:30 is a fairly simply tweek of one of the brass presets - I started with 0110 "On Jupiter" and then just sharpened up the attack a little.  The performance is based around a multi, with a voice change in one slot (one of the sequenced lines) and three voice changes in another slot (the lead voices).

Your request to post the programs is a timely reminder to me to back up all my programs.  I'll get that done ASAP and then figure out how to pull out the specific progs and post them here...

I think it's really a tribute to this synth that it can sound so rich with no overdubs!

Andreas

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
    • Soundcloud page with synth demos
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 08:38:50 pm »

Hi Andreas

how are you doing the voice changes on the fly - are you using the Origin interface or doing it via some MIDI controller?

ASch

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 11:29:27 pm »
how are you doing the voice changes on the fly - are you using the Origin interface or doing it via some MIDI controller?

I have a Novation Launchpad and some custom software that I wrote, so rather than having to navigate through the Orgin's menus I can program a button on the Launchpad to make the voice change.  I use the same system for controlling the sequencers.

Andreas

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines