March 19, 2024, 11:56:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: A Proposal  (Read 10285 times)

Cord

Re: A Proposal
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2012, 01:15:46 am »
This is a good proposal.Thank for your sharing !

...but no one from Arturia responded. Probably a mute point.

goldenanalog

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2013, 02:07:55 am »
Just revisiting this topic I started a while ago; it still looks viable. But now I'm somewhat wondering if the Origin is discontinued, with the evidence being later and later shipping dates to replenish retailers stock stateside...

Man: I really hope not.

Antoine, Philippe, et all: I bought Mark M.'s 'replacement' Origin keyboard off of eBay; it has greatly exceeded my expectations. It is, and will remain, my all-time favorite keyboard instrument...it is a masterpiece.

I would hope that regardless of O's future, you do your darndest to support it, as it has no peer.

Even the Solaris is essentially repackaged and enhanced Creamware tech using presumably a mature SDK to write the necessary osc etc. code; Arturia bit off a much much bigger slice of DSP pie.

Hail, Arturia! And long live the Origin!

Masterpiece!

« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 02:48:25 am by goldenanalog »

Cord

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2013, 02:21:52 am »
According to this email from Philippe it sounds like there is still something in store for us.

And this is the problem.  By staying so true to the original design they basically fail at creating a modular instrument.

Not exactly in that case.... We've been investigating this feature at some point in the past but it would have required a large amount of DSP internal memory to store all the waves, a memory that is rare and not available, or that we prefer to keep for other new features / modules.

Also I definitely don't agree when you say that we fail creating a modular instrument. Beside, the crossfading of all the wavetables has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Origin is a true modular or not. It could be a feature of a prewired patch synth as well.

Seriously, this sticking to the original spec hurts the instrument much more than it helps.  The fact that only certain oscillators can do sync is just flat out stupid. 

With the first versions of the firmware it was not possible to modulate the filter resonance of all the filter types (Origin, Mg, CS80...). Some users asked us why? In that case there was no technical reason apart the marketing choice to stick to the real filter specs. Listening to these users we changed our mind and finally decided to show the RM for all the filters. Concerning the SYNC I don't know if there is a technical potential difficulty for some variety of oscillator. If there isn't, then the SYNC could be extended. If there is, then this could be a new feature requiring some time to implement it, with its own priority in the list of all other possible evolutions.

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
    • Soundcloud page with synth demos
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2013, 06:53:23 pm »

I very much enjoy positive posts like goldenanalog's. I agree... it is a masterpiece, in its current state. I feel lucky to own it.

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2013, 09:33:39 pm »
Masterpiece? Definitely yes. That's why I have two (desktop for gigs & kb at home). I just wish like others here that they keep developing and supporting it... I feel that it's great as it is but there's so much potential yet to be realized. Start with better computer/iOS integration ;)

A BIG thanks to this great instrument!

P.S. I am a huge fan of 70s fusion like Chick Corea Return To Forever etc. No any other VA-synth or plugin can give me same expressive, immediate (no latency), warm leads to play this kind of stuff. MiniMg, ARP or CS80 with delay, little distortion and compression and that's IT.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 10:19:48 pm by JacksonP »

tonea

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2013, 12:47:16 am »
I would. Allso pay

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines