March 19, 2024, 06:25:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Poly Chain  (Read 5883 times)

S0lo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Poly Chain
« on: July 20, 2012, 12:55:03 pm »
Can I poly chain two or more minibrutes together using MIDI to have more polyphony?

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
Re: Poly Chain
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 03:34:04 pm »
This would be great if a desktop version was produced it would fit those not needing a keyb and those that already had the MB for poly-chain play, besides VCO stacking

Tom_1970

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 08:14:57 am »
Would be nice if there would be a MiniBrute expander.
Just a box with an aditional 4 voices so you get a 5 note polyphonic MiniBrute.
The box could be very simple.
Just a on/off switch, audio in in which you can put the output of the keyboard and an audio out which contains the mixed signals of both the box and keyboard.
Maybe a unison function in the box and a Midi in for polychaining.

Well I gues dreaming isn't bad. ;-)

« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 08:25:01 am by Tom_1970 »

dexfx69

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 11:17:34 pm »
I recall Yves mentioning poly chain in passing, without further details.

beefinator

• Soundcloud page
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 01:55:02 am »
It could be a bit clunky, since you'd have to manually keep the parameters matched on both units.  The minibrute has no way for the digital side to see the state of the analog side, so no possible way to remotely control the parameters of the poly expander box via the master's control panel.

I'd more likely just get another minibrute!   ;D

dexfx69

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 04:48:47 am »
It could be a bit clunky, since you'd have to manually keep the parameters matched on both units.  The minibrute has no way for the digital side to see the state of the analog side, so no possible way to remotely control the parameters of the poly expander box via the master's control panel.

Just like the early days of polyphony with the Oberheim 4 voice.  http://www.vintagesynth.com/oberheim/4voice.php

stevism

• Beta-testers
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 04:55:09 am »
wouldn't these methods all just produce a "unison" mono?

there's no computer dictating when each voice / envelope should trigger. midi would just make them all trigger at once.

also there is no midi thru as of yet, so you could only have the midi out of one mb go into the midi in of another. still would be a unison monophonic voice

you could theoretically send midi cables to multiple minibrutes, then perhaps use a program on a computer to handle the voicing computations, but i'm not aware of anything that works like that.

things that do chain together (phattys, mopho w/ tetra, etc) are designed with that purposes specifically in mind, and have the ability to handle the necessary computations accordingly

yusynth

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2013, 02:17:47 pm »
MIDI Polychain has not been implemented in the current version of the firmware. This may (Bruno can you comment on this ?) be implemented in future versions of the firmware.
I can imagine that Polychain mode would require to be selected through the MiniBrute connection software telling which unit is the master and which units are slaves and which channel they should be listening to.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines