March 28, 2024, 10:25:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Interested in a 61 but I *REALLY* missed the "madness" by a week?!?  (Read 2688 times)

sjaccaud

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I've been in the market for a decent synth and controller this past week after my old Oxygen8 v2 finally died. I got interested in the Arturia stuff for use in Logic Pro 9 (64bit - hope that works per the recent update else I need to look elsewhere..)

BUT the more research I do, the more I'm running into people who just bought this kit and got a ton of freebies - freebies I presumably will not enjoy if I pick it up now! How often does Arturia do bundles like this? I can wait a couple of months, but in the meantime, I may need to pick something else up.. :(

Travst

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Interested in a 61 but I *REALLY* missed the "madness" by a week?!?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 03:11:43 pm »
I'm sorry you missed out.  I doubt that any of us could tell you what to expect for the future.  However, I would be watching carefully right now.  My guess is that Arturia ran the specials to raise cash to manufacture the MiniBrute which is in high demand.  I would not be surprised to see another round of specials.  My understanding is that they are backordered until September now.  If this is going to be a hot item for Christmas, they will want to have as many on-hand as possible.

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
Re: Interested in a 61 but I *REALLY* missed the "madness" by a week?!?
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 03:22:55 pm »
I've been in the market for a decent synth and controller this past week after my old Oxygen8 v2 finally died. I got interested in the Arturia stuff for use in Logic Pro 9 (64bit - hope that works per the recent update else I need to look elsewhere..)

BUT the more research I do, the more I'm running into people who just bought this kit and got a ton of freebies - freebies I presumably will not enjoy if I pick it up now! How often does Arturia do bundles like this? I can wait a couple of months, but in the meantime, I may need to pick something else up.. :(

I've been following Arturia's products for some years, before deciding to finally buy the V-Collection. During this time, I've seen some interesting and amazing upgrade/crossgrade and promo-deals like this last one.

Like you, at the time when I started investigating some of the synths in the V-Collection, I had just missed a very good deal by a couple of weeks. I was initially just interested in 2 synths... then after trying the demos I got interested in a 3rd and... well, by the time I started doing the math, it was worth going for the V-Collection.

When I got a final decision, it was December, and a Xmas special deal was on for the V-Collection... so if I'm not mistaken, these "special deals" happen regularly, maybe twice a year, sometimes more, depending if there's anything new and huge announced.

If you're in a hurry, well, "time is money" so you're risking missing again a future deal by buying sooner ;) ...it's kinda of a gamble and one has to be either lucky or patient to wait for "the next big deal" :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines