March 28, 2024, 10:43:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Hosted SEM Not Loading Patches  (Read 5067 times)

magek

Hosted SEM Not Loading Patches
« on: July 09, 2012, 06:03:28 pm »
FYI: Works correctly standalone!

Win 7 Pro SP1, 64-bit, 8GB, Dual Core
SONAR 8 Producer 64-bit

Just purchased, downloaded, installed Oberheim SEM V 1.1. Standalone, everything is great. Using 64-bit VST hosted by SONAR 8, I can't change patches. The UI shows the patch change, but the initially loaded patch persists. That patch does sound, but won't change.

Thanks for your help.

Adrien

Re: Hosted SEM Not Loading Patches
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 09:19:03 am »
Hi,

This sounds really strange, I will contact you by PM.
It could be just a problem of Audio configuration (if there is no audio callback, the audio engine parameters can not be updated).

best
Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia

kevink

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 07:09:55 am »
I'm seeing EXACTLY the same problem with the latest versions of Sonar 8.5 and SEM.  Was there a resolution?   My audio config is pretty banal Saffire ASIO driver.

Adrien

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 09:38:03 am »
Hi

I tested it on Sonar X2 as it is the only one I have and so far I encountered no issue on various hosts. I guess you are using the VST2 ?

Could you try in any other host to be sure, Live, Cubase, Reaper, SudioOne, or even VSTHost.

Clearly this issue look like there is no audio callback.
Do you have audio ?

I will try if I can get a Sonar 8, and test with the exact same config. Keep me upto date if you have any answer and please tell me for VST2 and audio.

Best
Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia

kevink

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 11:04:36 pm »
This is on a new Win7-64bit i7 machine with a fresh install of Sonar 8.5.2 and the SEM plug.  I had the same software - and the same audio interface - on my older XP-32bit machine that it replaced (may it rest in pieces), but did not have this problem on that machine.  I don't have any other host programs on the new system, but I've got a copy of "Live Lite" somewhere that I can try, I suppose.  What do you mean by "no audio callback"?  I certainly get audio out of the SEM plug, and can even change the patches by manipulating the switches and knobs on the GUI.  I just can't call up any patches from the patch banks.  I can select a different patch, and according to the GUI, the new one is selected, but the knobs don't move and the timbre doesn't change.

kevink

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 12:08:03 pm »
A further note - and something of a work-around that one hopes will turn up in search engines for the next guy:

If I insert a new "Soft Synth" track with the SEM VSTi in it, it plays, and I can directly manage the instrument's controls, but while I can select other patches using the GUI, they do not take effect.

On the other hand, if I insert a new "Audio" track and a new "Midi" Track (this should sound familiar to Sonar 2 users ;o) , insert the SMV VSTi as a soft synth *effect* on the audio track, I can change patches via the GUI.  And if I manually associate the MIDI track with the SEM, it plays.  That should be a clue as to what's going wrong.

kevink

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 11:51:27 pm »
Yet another observation on this bug:

I create a new Sonar project. 

I insert SEM V as a Soft Synth with the canonical Sonar soft synth track folder.  It plays, and the UI "analog controls" work, but presets do not load.

I create an audio track and insert SEM V as a soft synth in the track FX box.  I create a MIDI track and assign it to the synth instance. It plays, and presets DO load.

I go back to the first instance - presets still don't load.  This much I've recounted in previous posts.  But wait, there's more...

I create a THIRD instance by inserting a Soft Synth as a new track folder, just as I did for the first instance.  THIS instance WORKS perfectly, including loading patches.

I go back to the first instance - and the presets STILL don't load.

It would appear (and I have some years of experience with this sort of thing() that there's some global state in the VSTi that's copied into each instance at startup, but which is not initialized correctly by a Sonar Soft Synth track folder insert.  That global state *is* initialized correctly by the Sonar VSTi "effect" insert, so that subsequent instances pick up the correct values.  Any chance that this is fixed in 1.1.5?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines