March 29, 2024, 01:18:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V-Collection 3  (Read 10314 times)

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
Re: V-Collection 3
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2012, 12:06:28 am »
I'll first try all the singl updates now and then see how the Laboratory is working with them but with only the latest version of laboratory installed I encountered some strange bugs. I'll report and post them later this weekend.

;)

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2012, 02:28:56 pm »
The only obvious issue I got out of upgrading was Analog Lab 64bit VST can't detect the installed Sem V and Wurly to open them, but the standalone or 32bit AL works fine and it detected all the other V3 Collection instruments (i.e. Sem V 32bit and Wurly V 32bit).

I just reported it, btw.

Travst

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2012, 03:45:07 pm »
I found out about the dual install the hard way and went back and uninstalled the previous version.  The new version didn't pick up on my full versions of other Arturia synths, either.  Now I'm working on re-installing those as well.  All in all, a bit of trouble and confusion.  There is no indication whether the new version is 64 bit or not.  On the positive side, the constant crackling I experience with Laboratory seems to be gone.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 04:49:46 pm by Travst »

Travst

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2012, 04:07:21 pm »
Re-installing the synths under the Analog Laboratory folder allowed them to be be recognized and turned on in Prefs.  With the crackling problem solved, I'm a happy camper, the bit of work to install and configure was worth it.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 04:49:14 pm by Travst »

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2012, 11:53:28 am »
all the other V3 Collection instruments
I just realized that there's really no official V-Collection V3 announcement yet :o

...on the subject, I just posted this...
I was about to ask some help, understanding the latest newsletter when I realized that it's about the Next Generation of all existing products and not about the new V-Collection V3  ::)

...after seeing a lot of conflicting msgs about the new V-Collection V3, receiving that newsletter with all the products's new design, all lined up, similar to some pages seen on eShops and magazines announcing the new V-Collection V3 made me brain short-circuit  ???

Thinking it was about V3 and reading that "As usual, upgrade is free to registered users." I thought "oh cool! V2 owners will get SEM V & Wurlitzer for free!!!" ...even though that was kinda too good to be true  :P

oh well... just read it again and just noticed that there's really no reference to any new V-Collection anywhere  :-\

so... the V-Collection V3 is still not officially announced :-[

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2012, 05:14:56 pm »
I just realized that there's really no official V-Collection V3 announcement yet :o
Yes, that's a little bit confusing! You can't buy the whole V-Collection 3 on the Official Arturia Homepage, but on many online shops.
Only the single synths are available at Arturia???

Hmm... , I guess they just forgot or don't want to update the homepage....

... reading that "As usual, upgrade is free to registered users." I thought "oh cool! V2 owners will get SEM V & Wurlitzer for free!!!" ...even though that was kinda too good to be true  :P

Upgrade is only free if you already purchased them. So you can only update those synths that you have a license for.

Resume: Getting the whole V-Collevction 3 costs 400 bucks but getting only the three missing synths will cost you 300. Is that a fair deal for registered V-Collection 2 users?
 :o
I guesss not...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines