March 28, 2024, 10:36:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Dead controller  (Read 3422 times)

dixie237

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Dead controller
« on: June 26, 2012, 08:27:49 pm »
Hi all,
So upon setup was prompted to update the controller. Started ths but froze at 3 %. Had to restart my computer. Now the controller won't power up. Does a flash on the screen.
Read a bit about this including ths answer

"When you install the Spark software, it will also install a Utility Application called Spark MIDI Control Center.
Please use this Application to reset your Spark Controller by selecting “Update Spark Controller” in the Action menu.
(you will first need to put Spark in Controller mode by pressing simultaneously the Filter, Slicer and Roller buttons, as instructed on screen)"

Unfortunately ....as the issue is
"controller will not power up" it's not possible to put the controller into "controller mode"  because the controller will...er...not power up.
Have registered ticket with support.
Just wondered if anyone else can help. Not a good start !!!
Cheers
D

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: Dead controller
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 08:22:31 am »
Hi,
what is your support ticket number?

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

dixie237

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 09:11:08 am »
Hi Kevin.
It's 110026
Cheers
D

dixie237

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 01:57:12 pm »
Hi Kevin.
The reply from tech didn't work. The screen flashes for a fraction of a second, and to try to send a midi sys ex dump to it and "catch it" by "quickly turning the power on" is impossible.
Responded to support last night, but haven't heard. Day 3 of dead controller.

Cheers
D

dixie237

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 08:02:36 pm »
Hi,
Can you advise me on what I can do next? Does the controller need to come back to you?
Cheers
D

dixie237

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 10:51:10 pm »
Hi,
Is anybody there ?  ???

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 08:54:51 am »
Hi Dean,
sorry for not getting back to you sooner.
Antoine should answer to your support ticket ASAP.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

dixie237

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 08:20:43 pm »
Guys,
This is not working. I have spent 3 hours trying this most unprofessional way of trying to boot up the machine.
With Antonines suggestion of "are you sure you have followed the instructions properly"
Yes, i have. It's simple. I have double checked all my midi cables in other units to check the port and cable I am using. I have opened the midi monitor window in midi ox and can
"see" the midi dump happening.
But sitting there trying to turn on the machine at the exact moment the sys ex goes over is soul destroying.
This is my first experience with arturia products, can you imagine how I feel.
There seems to be no further solution offered. I cannot spend a fourth hour, and make another 200 attempts at getting this to work.
Please give me a solution

Thanks
Dean  ???  :(

Elektro815

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 12:57:31 am »
Dean,

I've got the same thing going on with my 5-day old Spark controller.  I've gotten to the point where the display says "Spark Updater."  I then open Spark MIDI Control center and click "Update Spark Controller" and get prompted to open a ".spu" file.  Can't find it anywhere. 

It get increasingly frustrating exchanging emails with tech support every 12 hours trying to get this up and running. 

Steve

dixie237

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 10:15:01 am »
Hi Steve,
Sorry for late reply. I ended up sending the unit off to source distribution for repair / evaluation last week on Arturias instruction
I hadnt checked the forum since as it was / is all a bit frustrating.
My controller wouldn't even get as far as yours re the update and looking for a .spu file.
I'm hoping that when I get mine back, or replaced, that it will be fully updated so no need to muck around.
I have had issues downloading some other updates from the arturia website. This isn't my computer, it's in great nick, freely downloading and updating various other products I own without issue.
I guess if the hardware is sensitive to mid update interruptions, it would be usefull to be ale o download the controller update in full. Verify it's integrity, then push it onto the unit.
Hey.....I'll keep you posted. Good luck with yours. I interested in your resolution as I haven't yet got mine in and working.
In fairness though, using the software has been very cool.
Cheers
D

dixie237

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 08:24:53 am »
Unit arrived back yesterday. All updated and ready to go. Still not 100% sure what the prob was!!
A very frustrating start to using arturia products, but well worth the wait.
Great fun. I hope arturia support spark fully with more expansion packs and OS updates that it deserves.
Good luck with yours Steve. I hope you resolve your issues.
Cheers
Dean

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines