March 28, 2024, 04:32:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: What is the "Host" Button?  (Read 4012 times)

kthdrums

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
What is the "Host" Button?
« on: June 18, 2012, 01:10:18 pm »
What is the "Host" button in detail and how is it used? I saw some of the videos where it looks like this is somehow important when dealing with MIDI. I thought that this button was used to gather the Host DAW software's tempo data.

Im my manual, the "Host" and "Tempo" buttons in the Software aren't shown or explained.

kthdrums

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: What is the "Host" Button?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 07:06:22 pm »
My observations so far with the Host button is that it is used to somehow Sync the DAW to the Spark UI. For example, if I press Play in my DAW with the Host button lit, the Spark will begin to play too. However, if I turn Host off, it will no longer share a reaction.

The "Tempo" button is apparently used to sync the Spark tempo to the DAW. Changing the tempo in my host application will increase the tempo in Spark even if the host light is not lit.

I guess the breakdown is that Tempo is a direct Sync to the Host DAW Tempo, whereas Host provides a general interface sync to the transport functions.

Hope that helps someone else out there some day. Anyone who has more experience and can really get to the details about the Host button, feel free to chime in!

Thanks

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: What is the "Host" Button?
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 09:04:47 am »
Hi,
you are right. These button exactly do what you said.
This is explained in the manual in section "6.2.1 Toolbar Extra Buttons" page 74.
Maybe we should add a link to this section in the 5.1 section.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines