March 19, 2024, 07:41:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: If I already own MiniMg V, any reason to use the free one?  (Read 2931 times)

aaron aardvark

If I already own MiniMg V, any reason to use the free one?
« on: June 15, 2012, 02:27:34 am »
Today, I get this e-mail from Arturia (even though I already own Arturia MiniMg-V):

"Dear Musician,

On June 21st, you will be able to download the MiniMg V Original for free.

The MiniMg V Original is a commemorative edition of the MiniMg V which includes all the sounds and features from the latest MiniMg-V update, but without the additional functionality accessible behind the top panel, just like the original MiniMg.

We are celebrating a partnership with Mg Music that gave birth to the Mg Modular V and MiniMg V. This partnership, initiated by Bob Mg himself, is coming to an end and the Mg Modular V and MiniMg V soft synths will soon be remerging as the updated and renamed Modular V and Mini V. We saw this as an opportunity to give musicians a gift that will symbolize this historical collaboration.

June 21st is World Music Day, a day everyone should play and share music.

So mark the date in your calendar - Arturia is giving away a great product on June 21st.

Musically yours,

The Arturia team."

Any reason to check this out if I already own Arturia MiniMg-V?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 02:30:17 am by aaron aardvark »

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
Re: If I already own MiniMg V, any reason to use the free one?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 03:14:21 pm »
Yes off course.
You can use this free version for colaborations with other musicians who don't have the miniMg V in there repertoir or use it on a second machine, if you don't have an eLicenser dongle.

There are a few limitations in this version but I guess import/export should work. So, you can edit sounds using the full version and then use them on another machine in the free version.

aaron aardvark

Re: If I already own MiniMg V, any reason to use the free one?
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 03:07:23 am »
Manuel,
Thank you for replying!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines