March 28, 2024, 02:58:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Using the 25 Player Controller with the 49 Factory/Laboratory software?  (Read 2732 times)

melodymap

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hello!

This is a re-posting from the "Player" forum... just in case.

I'm new to Arturia products, but happy to be here. I was so excited to walk out of the local music store with the Player 25 box set. Then I arrived home only to find that the sales person, (who was trying to be helpful) had swapped out the manual + software from a larger model Arturia package (the 49 Laboratory) and placed it in my box, which is supposed to the the smaller, more limited and introductory model.

He sold it to me just like that, because my 25 Player was missing its software, and I didn't realize there was any major difference until I began rifling through the manual. I have NOT installed the Laboratory software yet, although I have un-boxed the 25 MIDI controller.

So, main question: Should I return the whole bundle and get a new 25 Player package, or will my 25 do just fine with the Laboratory software (albeit without many of the same external controls as the longer, larger model controllers). Should I just see this as a bonus (that I have a library of 3,500 sounds now?) or will this present a major problem given my limited hardware?

THANKS!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines