March 28, 2024, 02:44:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Most patches have no sound, but ARP2600V patches work in Laboratory  (Read 5017 times)

aaron aardvark

I have owned ARP2600-V for several months, and more often than not, I get no sound on patches that are the least bit complex.  Yet I can open any ARP2600-V patch that's in Analog Laboratory, and they make sound just fine.  I own Mac OSX 10.6.8 and operating in Cubase LE4.  Can anyone help me?

YESMAN

Re: Most patches have no sound, but ARP2600V patches work in Laboratory
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 02:11:25 pm »
Can you name some specific patches that are not producing sound for you? Then I can check on my system and maybe see whats causing the problem.

aaron aardvark

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 07:25:08 pm »
YESMAN,
Thank you for replying! My ARP 2600-V behavior is not consistent, yet the default patch (when ARP 2600-V first opens) "Groover_Seq" hasn't worked in months (within Cubase LE4), and rarely do any of the sequencer patches work.  Usually, the G.Darcey Bass patch "GTD_BaktoBasic" works, but sometimes that doesn't have sound along with all the other patches.  This morning, I initially couldn't get sound from any patch, then I removed the track from Cubase, started a new track, then I got the "GTD BaktoBasic" patch to work, and very surprised a few of the sequencer patches actually worked, but most didn't.  Later on, the same sequencer patches didn't work at all.  I just tried the stand-alone ARP 2600-V, and all the patches work fine.  Once in awhile (but not often), I get patches in miniMg-V that have no sound in Cubase LE4.  Maybe it's a Cubase LE4 issue.  Though I rarely have this issue in CS-80V, Jupiter 8V, Prophet-V, Mg Modular-V within Cubase LE4.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 07:31:33 pm by aaron aardvark »

YESMAN

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 03:03:12 pm »
Aaron,
  It sounds more like an issue with Cubase, maybe the track config, though you are saying this not happening with other VSTi. When the Arp track stops working have you tried loading another instrument into the track. Curious to know if say the CS-80 will play in the same track. I've used the Arp-2600V for years with-out this kind of problem - running Cubase 5.  Does the Groover_Seq patch trigger from the virtual kybd in the Arp? If so you need to be sure of your MIDI I/O settings.

aaron aardvark

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 09:38:11 pm »
YESMAN,
Thank you for replying!  I tried the virtual keyboard in ARP 2600-V, and the Groover_Seq did not work.  A few patches worked, but most did not.  A few minutes later, none of the patches made sound.  I have never tried changing the synth plug-in (for a given Cubase track), I didn't think that was even possible in Cubase LE4.  I always thought I would have to open a new Cubase track to pick a different synth plug-in.  I don't want to cough up $300 for Cubase Studio 5, though it would have advantages.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 11:14:17 pm by aaron aardvark »

YESMAN

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 03:56:35 pm »
Aaron,
  I'm not familiar with Cubase LE & how it deals with VSTi set-ups. What version of the Arp 2600V are you running? Maybe try a different version. It seems from here to be a compatiblity issue? Just as a check, make sure that the gain slider in the Arp (upper right) is not too low, it might be getting reset to a low level.

aaron aardvark

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 02:43:06 am »
I started with ARP2600-V version 2.0 in December, and then I updated to version 2.5 in January with the same basic problem.  I did discover something by accident though: usually if I try to get a sound in ARP2600-V, and don't get a sound I want, I delete the Cubase track, because in Cubase LE4, you are only allowed 8 plug-in tracks.  For some reason, I didn't remove the Cubase track with the ARP2600-V, and now all of the patches have sound (after the computer was re-booted)!!  I have only done this once, so I don't know if it's always going to work.  Hopefully my problem is solved.  Thank you for replying!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines