March 28, 2024, 07:11:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Has anyone out there actualy receieved their Minibrute yet?  (Read 70704 times)

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
Re: Has anyone out there actualy receieved their Minibrute yet?
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2012, 07:02:59 pm »

btw, out of curiosity, each of those boxes carry what, 3 or 4 Minibrutes, right?

It's hard to imagine that each individual Minibrute box will occupy that cubic space... or am I forgetting something?  :)

5 MiniBrutes per carton
ah, thanks! :)

MOKNOW

« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2012, 10:55:07 am »
Give me Karma -10 for sayin the truth but i canceled my pre-order.

I don't give a shit...

Enough of waitin and bitchin with the  ::) "support"  :D

Have fun...one more unit for you guyz!!!

Steve Morley

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2012, 03:20:19 pm »
Had enough of the incredible incompetence of Arturia in this saga. I have cancelled my pre order after the retailer had given me many ETA changes given to them by Arturia. After finding out that the first finished products were all going to the US and the fact that the UK was not going to get any in a long time (words of Arturia themselves), I decided enough is enough.

Once it is in the UK I might give it a try and if I really like it still buy it, but the way Arturia is handling this is putting me off to be honest. Imagine you need them for anything once you got the product.....

Software wise I will not abandon them as they do what they promise there (well so far) and I like the sound of my Prophet V lol

sporophore

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2012, 04:40:28 pm »
Had enough of the incredible incompetence of Arturia in this saga. I have cancelled my pre order after the retailer had given me many ETA changes given to them by Arturia. After finding out that the first finished products were all going to the US and the fact that the UK was not going to get any in a long time (words of Arturia themselves), I decided enough is enough.

Once it is in the UK I might give it a try and if I really like it still buy it, but the way Arturia is handling this is putting me off to be honest. Imagine you need them for anything once you got the product.....

Software wise I will not abandon them as they do what they promise there (well so far) and I like the sound of my Prophet V lol

I feel your pain Steve dunno what to do man. The way my luck is I will cancel it and it will turn up the next day :-(

Filip

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2012, 05:04:35 pm »
Cancelled mine a month ago and bought myself a nord lead 2x that I bought during awesome sales at my dealer.
Couldn't resist the price of the unit.
I also had enough of how Arturia was telling shit about the release date.
Well my feeling was right ,we here in Europe (Belgium for me) we can wait minimum more than a month longer than U.S. orders.
After canceling the release date how many times?
And they leave us like shit not telling that U.S. will get it first .
We had to find out everything by ourself during this release saga .
My feeling was right !
And now that I'm not so happy anymore about the minibrute I can honestly say that I would not accept the minibrute because it can not save presets.
Think about that!!!
No preset saving!!!
Who's going to use the included preset sheet papers?
If you try to set it the way you had it it will not be the same,the knobs are to wobbly and it's analog so it's not going to be easy.
And the time it will take to draw the preset on the sheets  ::)
It also needs a warm up time I think to calibrate.
But yeah that's analog so we accept that.
Now that I know everything about it I find 499 euro too much for it.
Arturia first you broke my heart and then you woke me up.
So f you and thank you!

Antoine

« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2012, 06:27:34 pm »
Mmm bad mood here.  :-\

There may be merely nothing I can do to get it off your chest, except stating that as far as I know Arturia has not taken pre-orders, that's the sole reseller responsibility to do so. The same topic has been debated  on various forums (see on Muffwiggler or Gearslutz for instance) and the whole thing is:
1. We could not fiddle with quality, so production issues means additional delay;
2. First distributors orders are first delivered ones, and they mainly came from US. Period.
3. Knobs are solid enough for a normal usage.

So, I can clearly imagine your impatience (I wait for my unit too), but please try to think twice before putting all the blame on us.
We have absolutely no interest in adding more waiting than necessary, there is no hype to artificially maintain, and we hardly appreciate to disappoint anyone (we rather prefer love than anger, really).

My 2 cents.
ex-Arturian

Steve Morley

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2012, 06:46:55 pm »
Hi Antoine

I'm not disputing the quality of the unit, I have not had one in my hands so I'm unable to judge.
I also don't think you would on purpose create a longer waiting period.

However I do lay blame by Arturia for not doing enough and accurate market and demand research. Also after the overwhelming positive response at the introduction online and at the industry shows Arturia should have adjusted their timetable in relation to the amount of units needed. Besides that a realistic release date (when it would be availble in the shops or pre orders be delivered at the retailers - not when you start shipping from whatever factory in China) should have been given. You must have realised that 30th May was a no go judging the production time and available resources for this process.

That and the lack of satisfying communications with the distributors/retailers is what gets to people, some of us (like me) are pro users who allocate budgets to needs in the studio and are counting on those pieces of equipment available in time for certain projects. (we all want to have fresh sounds asap, part of the job)

Since Arturia did the design, planning, marketing research, PR and manufacturing of this unit I can't see who else would have blame as the whole process is in your hands.
Sorry to be harsh...

jakegetup

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2012, 10:01:20 am »
I have to admit. I'm getting more than a little frustrated. I had an email from the company I ordered the product from today stating that they have made a complaint to the UK distrubuter themselves and still cannot give me a delivery date in any way.

I pre ordered in March and after 4 months still no delivery date?

What's really getting to people isn't the wait. It's just the lack of communication. You posted on your website a release date. Not a distribution date. then changed it without giving any clear account as to why for days after the change.

Then when the date finally comes round it's just a distribution date and anyone not living in America or Japan has to wait a further 6-8 weeks at least. That's insanely bad communication skills.

Any other product that s pre ordered is generally shipped on the date given by the company. It goes to pre orders on that day and then 1-2 weeks at the latest is given to all other shops and customers.

This has been months!

After waiting so long I feel we at least deserve a rough guidline as to when we are going to recieve the product we reserved so long ago.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 10:39:34 pm by jakegetup »

harpies

« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2012, 06:02:49 pm »
i preordered in january.  I just called Musicians Friend to cancel my order, but they said their tracking info shows they should have 90 coming in today, and they have 97 preorders.  anyway, if I don't get a shipping notice by tomorrow evening, I'm cancelling too.

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2012, 02:47:51 am »
Mmm bad mood here.  :-\

There may be merely nothing I can do to get it off your chest, except stating that as far as I know Arturia has not taken pre-orders, that's the sole reseller responsibility to do so. The same topic has been debated  on various forums (see on Muffwiggler or Gearslutz for instance) and the whole thing is:
1. We could not fiddle with quality, so production issues means additional delay;
2. First distributors orders are first delivered ones, and they mainly came from US. Period.
3. Knobs are solid enough for a normal usage.

So, I can clearly imagine your impatience (I wait for my unit too), but please try to think twice before putting all the blame on us.
We have absolutely no interest in adding more waiting than necessary, there is no hype to artificially maintain, and we hardly appreciate to disappoint anyone (we rather prefer love than anger, really).

My 2 cents.

Well... understanding that, I would rather wait for a perfectly working and durable unit than getting something fast that needed to be returned 1 week later.

So, I'm patiently waiting for the MiniBrute to show up in Arturia's eShop to buy it. This will avoid me paying a pre-order to a seller that is waiting for the units himself, with my money in their bank :)

If I can get a MiniBrute before Xmas, I'll be a happy owner of that little monster.

my 0.02€

Filip

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2012, 01:03:26 pm »
Well,I was also promoting it on you tube video's how wonderful this minibrute was.
But I don't buy stuff from people that's telling one lie after the other for a half year long.
 >:(

lethal_pizzle

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice

zedius

« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2012, 10:21:43 pm »
Very cool! I'm so happy to see that some folks are receiving their orders :)

Audesi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Audesi
« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2012, 02:26:58 am »
Mine shipped out on July 3rd and will be delivered on the 10th. Man! I should have paid for faster shipping! On the other hand, it will be arriving on my birthday!  :)

jimtheswede

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2012, 01:14:25 pm »
i preordered in january.  I just called Musicians Friend to cancel my order, but they said their tracking info shows they should have 90 coming in today, and they have 97 preorders.  anyway, if I don't get a shipping notice by tomorrow evening, I'm cancelling too.

I also ordered from them a day after the announcement. I expected delays from the start since the interest was so high, but the false promises/dates from MF are getting annoying. If they can't estimate the shipping date then they should just admit it. Apparently only one US distributor (Sweetwater) got ALL the units from the first batch, so I'm assuming it's going to take a very long time to fill even the earliest pre-orders.

I ordered from MF in Feb. and called them yesterday.  The rep. told me they still have a 7-5-12 delivery date in their system and that was a "good sign", but he couldn't tell me if they actually received them yet - said it would take about 2 days for their warehouse to update the sales orders in their system.  No reason to assume that SW got ALL the units initially shipped though.  We shall see......... ;)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines