March 28, 2024, 03:54:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Has anyone out there actualy receieved their Minibrute yet?  (Read 70692 times)

jimtheswede

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Has anyone out there actualy receieved their Minibrute yet?
« Reply #90 on: July 10, 2012, 09:36:50 pm »
I could try and post a video but I'd probably do more harm than good!   Probably better if someone else with better skills than I attempt it, although I will try and take a picture of it (sitting with my Mg CP-251 and Dark Energy) and upload it.

BTW - I did manage to update the firmware.  I re-downloaded the "connection" file again after noticing that my orig. .mpf file was 0 bytes.  Worked fine with the new file (which is 142KB).  :)

Audesi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Audesi
« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2012, 02:06:08 am »
Just got mine this morning! Having fun! I love it Arturia, thanks! Can't wait to start using it in recordings.

kulabocca

« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2012, 04:20:00 am »
Been playing it all evening.  I absolutely love this little beast!  The preset sheets are great for exploring how varied the sounds can get. I also really love the arpeggiator. I hadn't really seen much on that part, so I was really curious. 

I have a feeling the mood on this thread will change quite a bit over the next few weeks. You've done a great job, Arturia. It was worth the wait for sure.

Audesi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Audesi
« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2012, 06:37:51 am »
I am curious if Arturia put the wrong resistance value potentiometer on the Filter ENV Amt? It seems that only half the range of the knob is useful. Anyone else with a Minibrute experience this, or care to verify? Also, you can compare it to one of the preset patch sheets and a YouTube review of the prototype. More detail is on my post at http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=6501.0. Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 09:26:40 am by Audesi »

Filip

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2012, 09:55:15 am »
Wait till Oktober ,no thanks .
And no preset saving?
First issue is already here!
The env amount potentiometer issue.
And that with the first minibrutes.
You can give my portion to the cat!

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2012, 11:21:53 am »
I am curious if Arturia put the wrong resistance value potentiometer on the Filter ENV Amt? It seems that only half the range of the knob is useful. Anyone else with a Minibrute experience this, or care to verify? Also, you can compare it to one of the preset patch sheets and a YouTube review of the prototype. More detail is on my post at http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=6501.0. Thanks.
hmmm... this is bound to happen (and my greatest fear with these products) let's hope it's just a defective unit out of perfectly done batch or better still, something easy to calibrate... that would be nice, if possible.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 11:28:41 am by Koshdukai »

Audesi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Audesi
« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2012, 11:55:44 am »

It still sounds very wonderful. I've been playing with it all night. I'm enjoying it a lot. It's just a slight nuisance, as you don't have as wide of a range to turn the knob. It takes finer smaller adjustments near the center portion of the knob. I hope there's an easy fix though. Maybe I'm the only one with the problem. Also, products usually become better with newer revisions. I don't want to turn people off to the synth, as I really like what Arturia's doing here!

I definitely wouldn't be opposed to patch saving though :), even if it was implemented the way Mg did with the Minitaur. via a software editor and digitally controlled potentiometers. That would be great!! It would also still be an all analog signal path.

Filip

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2012, 02:14:41 pm »
Oke, if the customer is happy.... :-X

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2012, 02:19:26 pm »
And no preset saving?

If you wanted one finger access to different sounds, why did you buy the mini brute. Arturia have stacks of preset wonders in their arsenal.

I think any manufacturer that release a version1 of something they have never tried before are going to bump into issues, but for what £400? you have a full analog path synth. I think the minbrute will be a modern classic in not so many years.

I'd love to get my hands on one

Stuart
Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2012, 06:32:15 pm »
Wait till Oktober ,no thanks .
And no preset saving?
You can give my portion to the cat!

no presets is a philosophy on this keyboard, since it was announced, and you still complaining always and always, becoming quite boring now, i really wonder why are you here on this forum. Even about the delays, what are 2 or 3 months in a life ? ::)

monobrute

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2012, 10:33:25 pm »
Can we vote filip out of the forum? It seems his only purpose in this forum at this point is to rain on any kind of parade. Not only does he choose to go out of his way to be miserable, but he try to bring as many of us as he can down with him.

zedius

« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2012, 10:55:56 pm »
I agree! Mods, please ban Filip! He should find other ways to entertain himself, like one finger accessing his presets!

jimtheswede

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2012, 11:07:40 pm »
Can we vote filip out of the forum? It seems his only purpose in this forum at this point is to rain on any kind of parade. Not only does he choose to go out of his way to be miserable, but he try to bring as many of us as he can down with him.

He's not "raining on my parade", but his posts are tiresome to say the least.  I don't know his age but I assume he is very young or.....certainly acts like it!  Presets were never provided in a true analog synth back in the day, and recreating a "vintage" synth was apparently their intent.  He doesn't have the synth - did he cancel his order?  What is he doing here if he did, or has no interest in it?  

I have nothing but good things to say about this synth, and my thanks to Arturia for "thinking outside of the box" from their typical product line and producing a synth that is original and has many innovative features.  I have not noticed the ENV pot. issue yet, but haven't played very long on it.  I'm very pleased with everything with the MiniBrute so far.  Hoping for a "MicroBrute" w/o keyboard as an expansion module, and maybe even a sequencer.  The MiniBrute concept could expand Arturia's product line in many ways...I'm hoping!  

Edit - from looking at his profile, I found he is 24 yrs old.  No further comment from me!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 11:12:50 pm by jimtheswede »

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #103 on: July 12, 2012, 12:53:14 am »
Presets were never provided in a true analog synth back in the day, and recreating a "vintage" synth was apparently their intent.  

Jupiter 8 ?

;)  ;)
Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #104 on: July 12, 2012, 01:35:42 am »
Hoping for a "MicroBrute" w/o keyboard as an expansion module, and maybe even a sequencer.  The MiniBrute concept could expand Arturia's product line in many ways...I'm hoping!
Yeah, I really hope to see a desktop/module version of it and would trade some of the digital stuff (keyb & arp) for CC control of the analog knobs (hey, a guy can dream, right? :D) for the same price of the current Minibrute (if possible).

That would be the best expansion to an existing Minibrute and/or to a DAW (allowing total MIDI control) and would cover the rest of the market that doesn't need another keyboard but still cries for "no preset saving" by allowing "presets" to be kept in the DAW or any other MIDI sending app :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines