March 29, 2024, 07:38:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Solved: Dongle is malfunctioning/possibly broken, MiniMg won't launch, help!  (Read 2011 times)

linewiper

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I recently upgraded my OS from Win XP SP 3 to Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit), and in the process I accidentally hit the MiniMg dongle, which bent the end of it a bit. It still managed to work for a time, but it recently stopped working altogether. All I get is a periodically re-appearing icon/dialogue box in my tray which says, "USB Device Not Recognized". When I click on the dialogue box, it opens a window and in the center, where the identity/address of the USB dongle should be it's blank.

I've tried re-installing MiniMg V as well as the eLicenser program, and nothing has worked. Please tell me I don't have to spend another $50 to have a USB dongle shipped in from Europe.

I originally purchased the MiniMg V when it had a software license, but once I had to reinstall it, I had to buy a dongle to re-activate it. And now said dongle might be broken. What do I do?

So frustrating...

Update: I got the dongle to work again and have purchased a backup dongle from Arturia USA. Sigh.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 10:21:47 pm by linewiper »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines