March 28, 2024, 10:24:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can I have multiple licences of one Product ?  (Read 6059 times)

folkfreak

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Can I have multiple licences of one Product ?
« on: May 16, 2012, 03:25:11 pm »
Hi,

I own Spark and V Collection.
After demoing I like the SEM very much and I also would like to get an Analig Experience Keyboard, but the small one is too small for me. So I like to get the 49 Key version.
With the current promotion I can choose 3 instruments, but there is only the SEM that I don't own. So can I pick two others that I have already in the V Collection and sell them ?

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
Re: Can I have multiple licences of one Product ?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 03:58:03 pm »
When you register your Analog Experience keyboard and pick your free instruments, their serials are automatically added to your account.

Free instruments serials are not meant to be transferred to another account.

You can have multiple licenses of the same product on your account, for instance to use them on 2 different computers simultaneously.

folkfreak

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 04:07:24 pm »
OK then I have to pass, that is useless for me. Arturia HP says:
Yes, you will be treated as a regular customer for the free product you get.
As a real customer can resell his products......

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 04:18:42 pm »
Arturia HP says:
This is in response to the following questions:
Do I get the full versions ? Do I get the latest versions ? Do I qualify for upgrades in the future ?..
The detailed response could have been:
- yes, full versions (not time-limited, not "light" versions with less features)
- yes, it's the latest versions
- yes, they qualify for upgrades

warbread

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 03:25:48 am »
Arturia HP says:
This is in response to the following questions:
Do I get the full versions ? Do I get the latest versions ? Do I qualify for upgrades in the future ?..
The detailed response could have been:
- yes, full versions (not time-limited, not "light" versions with less features)
- yes, it's the latest versions
- yes, they qualify for upgrades

Free instruments serials are not meant to be transferred to another account.

While I can understand why you would have this policy, these two statements contradict each other.  I bought both the Laboratory and Spark with the assumption I would be able to offset that cost by selling products I already have, as explained in your knowledge base and here quoted by your own representative.  This is a significant amount of money, since I paid full price for the V-Collection already.  I'm willing to sell my retail copy, no problem, but I now have useless copies of Oberheim SEM V.  There must be some way to either change these licenses to some other product, preferably to something I don't already have (Brass 2 or Wurlitzer) or allow me to sell two of the SEMs.  
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 04:15:29 am by warbread »

warbread

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 04:17:59 am »
Hello?

Arturia?

warbread

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 04:32:13 am »
Some interesting research on the effects of ignoring customers in social media:

http://www.maritzresearch.com/~/media/Files/MaritzResearch/e24/ExecutiveSummaryTwitterPoll.ashx

• Nearly half of respondents expected the company to read their Tweet
• Nearly 1/3 of respondents received a response from the company about their
Twitter complaint
• Of those who received follow-up:
– 83% said they liked or loved hearing from the company
– Only 4% didn’t like or hated hearing from the company
– Nearly three in four were very or somewhat satisfied with the company’s response
• Of those who did not receive follow-up:
– 86% would have liked or loved hearing from the company regarding their complaint
tweet
– Only 1% would have not liked it or hated it if they were contacted by the company
regarding their complaint tweet
– 63% would not like it or hate it if the company contacted them about something
other than their complaint tweet

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 04:22:51 pm »
warbread, I didn't see a question in your previous post.
If you already owned a retail version of the V-Collection, you can resell that one, and use the free V-Collection2 license that you received for your Spark purchase instead

There's no contradiction in my earlier statements: you get free licenses for full versions of the software instruments, but those licenses are tied to the main license from your purchase (i.e. the free V-Collection2 license is tied to the Spark license), and you are not allowed to "un-bundle" them.

warbread

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2012, 11:48:12 pm »
Hi Sean, thanks for getting back to my non-question. 

While it may be obvious to you, as en employee, how these things work, as a customer, the only information that I have is what is presented on the website.  So, when I see on the advertisement that I get a free product and it is emphasized that I will be treated as a regular customer with this full product, what assumptions can you expect me to make?  That there's some hidden policy of bundling the product?  How could I know that?

It's not an unreasonable policy by any means.  In fact, I'm more surprised that it didn't just say on the webpage "NOT FOR RESALE".  However, given what I can read, it is an unreasonable expectation that I should know your policy.  Since it clearly does affect the decision making process (or this thread wouldn't exist), I'd say it's unintentionally misleading and the statements do contradict each other. 

Anyways, I'm less miffed than I was a couple of days ago.  I don't like complaining about free products and the hardware I got (Lab 49 and Spark) are top notch.  I guess I can find a use for two of my SEM licenses, so I'll just have one unactivated license staring at me every time I log in.  It's a bit frustrating, and I would like to have made a more informed decision.

Thanks again for your time, Sean.

folkfreak

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2012, 06:06:02 pm »
Hi,

what if I want to sell spark again. Do I have to sell the V-Collection, too ?
Spark is absolutely unuseable for me. For what it does and sounds the xcpu consumtion is laughable. With one instance loaded and a Tr 909 loaded it eats up half the power of my 2,5 years old core2quad...

mastamonkb

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2012, 04:06:48 am »
this question is for sean, I just today purchased a "new in box" analog exp laboratory and the serial is already registered. I work for guitar center and I have stood behind your products for years and have sold them to many customers. all I want is a new auth code, an NFR for this and I will be happy. please dont let me down. I love arturia and would hate to have a sour taste in my mout from something very easily fixable.
Thanks and hope to hear back from you soon.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines