April 24, 2024, 07:52:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can I use the "Lab" version of the software on the "Factory" 32 Key Controller?  (Read 2627 times)

Jive Talking Robot

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Just bought Spark and will be downloading the V collection as soon as it is registered.  I see that "The Lab" comes with the software, which is great.

I would like to buy the Arturia 32 key controller (which comes with a license of "The Factory" which I wouldn't use of course) because it looks nice and I like the idea of a dedicated controller - is there any issue using the 32 key controller with the "Lab" version of the software?  I assume "no", but you never know which is why I am asking.

Many thanks!

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
Yes, I usually do that and it works fine.

You'll miss 5 faders and 2 snapshot buttons, naturally ;)

...and there's no way to change between Sound and the Scene tabs through the 32 controller, but everything else works nice :)

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
...and there's no way to change between Sound and the Scene tabs through the 32 controller, but everything else works nice :)

I guess you can also switch between Sound and Scene mode if you assign two of your snapshot buttons to this function.

Function   CC Number    Mode
Sound
Control
Scene
Control

I don't know if you can change the mode for the buttons on the AE 32 The Factory controller (I have only AE 25 The Player [there it's not possible] and AE 49 The Laboratory [there it's possible], but as far as I know, it's also workig with other mode settings like Duration Control or Control Toggle.

Jive Talking Robot

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Thank you very much for confirming that.  My primary interest is simply having the pre-assigned knobs and one ASDR set for performance tweaking; I also like the ability to change patches via knobs.

I won't use the pads and the sound/scene piece is something I won't likely ever utilize.

Thanks again.  Spark is on a FedEx truck to my house as I write this... looking forward to it and the V Collection.

Cheers - JTR

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
... I also like the ability to change patches via knobs. ...

To go through the preset libary using knobs (buttons) you have to use this settings:

Function   CC Number   Mode
Previous Preset
Control
Next Preset
Control

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines