March 28, 2024, 04:35:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: What are the 10 velocity curves available ?  (Read 2930 times)

frantzkb

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
What are the 10 velocity curves available ?
« on: May 12, 2012, 02:03:50 pm »
Hello,

Before I buy (or not ?) the Laboratory, I'd like to know what are the 10 velocity curves specified in the manual ?  (their curves / shapes).

Thank you for your reply.
Cheers
Frantz.

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
Re: What are the 10 velocity curves available ?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 03:40:45 pm »
Hi Frantz,

very interessting question! I guess no one has an satisfying answer to this because they are not specified anywhere. As far as I understand this, it's just the hardness from a soft (0) to a hard (10) velocity behavior.

BTW: Most of the Artuia soft-synths don't support velocity changes. Not even the Laboratory software. Dosn't matter what settings you choose, the pads as well as the keys are not reacting to different velocity, they are only adjustable by volume. Actually only the Wurlitzer V does support different velocity settings and there you can adjust the velocity curve on the software.

Note: I'm not that much experienced as a keyboarder, but this is what I found out.  ;)

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
Re: What are the 10 velocity curves available ?
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 11:09:41 pm »
BTW: Most of the Artuia soft-synths don't support velocity changes. Not even the Laboratory software. Dosn't matter what settings you choose, the pads as well as the keys are not reacting to different velocity, they are only adjustable by volume. Actually only the Wurlitzer V does support different velocity settings and there you can adjust the velocity curve on the software.

Some Laboratory sounds support velocity changes! My fault!  ;D
For example the CS-80V and some of the Prophet VS presets support velocity changes, but many others aren't .

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines