I'm on vacation for the week so it's not easy for me to diagnose your problems because of course I don't have an Origin with me.
Maybe some words about the new MULTI_FX mode vs the "old" one (let's call it SLOT_FX):
- obviously, when in SINGLE mode, everything run (or should run) exactly the same way as in 1.3.50
- when in MULTI mode and SLOT_FX (everything appears greyed in the Multi -> FX page) everything run (or should run) exactly the same way as in 1.3.50. The slots comes in the multi with their effects. EAch slot may own up to 3 effects.
- when in MULTI mode and MULTI_FX (everything appears coloured in the Multi -> FX page) then all the effects and their parameters are part of the multi, and none of these effect settings are saved in the slot. The slot itself is unchanged, that means that when you switch back to the SLOT_FX mode, then the effects programmed in the slot show up. When you switch to the MULTI_FX mode, then all the effects are replaced by those programmed in the multi. In MULTI_FX each slot owns 2 effects connected in serial, 2 effects are global AUX fx, and 2 more effects are global MASTER fx.
- when you load a 1.3.50 multi preset, then the effects programmed in the slots become the effects that will be saved in the multi. Any change made here are saved in the multi and leave the slot presets unchanged.
- when you switch to MULTI_FX, the FX1 and 2 of the slots are connected in serial and they keep their settings. The slot FX3s are discarded. The 4 global FX are empty (or Bypass). Then you can choose to load effects in the AUX and MST locations.
- the settings of the FX1 and 2 of each slot are shared between the SLOT_FX and the MULTI_FX mode.
On my laptop computer I have a simulator of Origin. On this simulator I can reproduce the bug of M0010 which looses its FX settings, but this occurs only when it is loaded as a slot in a multi. It occurs also with some other presets but not all. I'll have a look at it asap.
I cannot check what's going wrong with the SuperSaw presets because the simulator cannot work with a sound bank but with individual files such as those used by the real hardware. I'd be interested to know if this happens when the presets is loaded in SINGLE mode or in MULTI mode (on a slot). An also what are the SERIAL/PARALLEL settings in the Program page.
About the crackles with the joystick I cannot reproduce that with the simulator. It may happen on the machine but it didn't when I played with the joystick the day I posted this version (last friday). I'd need more precise information and data. The best thing to do in that case is to send me the preset showing the problem.
Concerning the VoiceModulator: it is designed to change the output variation when a note ON is received. This is how it works within the OBSem and the module has been ported from that soft synth. Using the Sequencer step changes to trig a variation change would make the VoiceModulator a totally different kind of module. It would indeed be redundant with the Sequencer itself. Anyway I'll ask the guys who "invented" this module their mind about it.
And finally (for this post at least), if you notice a change on the sound on some preset, please send it to me even if it is a factory preset. It may have been changed and possibly corrupted if you saved it under the new 1.4. firmware. And the best would be to have the 2 versions of the preset if that makes sense. I mean the version before the update (should be in the backup) and the one after the update.