March 19, 2024, 03:16:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Demo License?  (Read 13802 times)

Futureline

• Apprentice
Re: Demo License?
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2012, 10:51:46 pm »
Too bad.

About the responces,- normally you can't  expect a responce until monday daytime (european time),- they usually don't answer here in the weekends.
PC with Windows 10 - 64bit., 16gb RAM, IntelCore i7 3770 CPU  3,40ghz.
FL Studio  20 Studio Edition
V-Collection, Pigments, Bazille, Blue2, Eiosis AirEQ, Largo, GO2, Speakerphone, Blade,PolyKB II, Synthix, V+, Matrix, Lector, Minimonsta, Spark VDM, Xils4, Xils5000, OB-XA V, Polymoog, Synthi V, NAVE.

MickGael

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.danieljslewis.com/
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2012, 12:01:38 am »
Maybe for the best. By then, the impulse buy will have passed. :)  Do you like it?

Futureline

• Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2012, 02:31:03 am »
Yeah, I like it, but I'm not sure if I like it enough, it stands between that one and the Broken Wurli for the Kontakt player, but I have problems with the Kontakt player to work properly, so I'm not sure yet.
Somehow the Broken Wurli sounds a bit better so far...

There's just so many plugins I like that I would like to spend a 100 Euros on, but I'll try it out for the full period, and maybe I buy it then....it IS tempting..
V-Collection, Pigments, Bazille, Blue2, Eiosis AirEQ, Largo, GO2, Speakerphone, Blade,PolyKB II, Synthix, V+, Matrix, Lector, Minimonsta, Spark VDM, Xils4, Xils5000, OB-XA V, Polymoog, Synthi V, NAVE.

MickGael

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2012, 03:09:33 am »
I've heard good things about Broken Wurli. The Scarbee vintage keys also sound good, but I hate the Kontakt interface and the way it feels generally. Still, hoping to step up from Lounge Lizard.

Btw, where are you writing from?

Futureline

• Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2012, 03:20:34 am »
I'm in Norway, in other words it's close to 4 am now... ;D
To me there are a couple of other plugins that I think have a good sound,- but like you, I'm not that satisfied with the Kontakt player, for some reason it has never worked that good on my system,- and now with the introduction to the Wurlitzer V, I discovered that I simply NEED a plugin like that... ;D ;D ;D

But, I'm not a pro on this, I just go for the good sounds that I like, and fiddle my way around with the plugins that I get to like.   :D

But, I only have one other Arturia plugin, the Spark, and I love that one.

MickGael

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2012, 03:28:01 am »
Greetings from America! I'm in upstate New York (close to the border with Quebec). Now I'm really curious to try Wurlitzer V!  ;D

Futureline

• Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2012, 03:54:32 am »
 :D
Well, let's hope the guys here can help you out with the license-problem you have, it's a shame that you get to get that curious about a plugin, and can't even install it...

I will propably buy it in a couple of weeks, if I can afford it, it would be a nice addition to the other plugins I have, and very different, as I the last couple of months have bought the whole catalogue from Xils-lab, among others.. ;D ;D

Well, it's late now (atleast here), so it's time to take nap. :D

Futureline

• Apprentice
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2012, 04:04:21 am »
a nap, that is. ;D

MickGael

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2012, 06:07:44 am »
FINALLY got it working. For whatever reason, this install was far more convoluted and quirky than I've experienced with any Arturia plugin. Yikes! Now to give it a go. :)

Futureline

• Apprentice
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2012, 10:35:43 am »
That's great,- feel free to send me a message of what you think of it.    :)

MickGael

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2012, 12:40:40 pm »
My initial experience was rather inspiring. Disappointing, actually. Lots of overly processed - and yes, artificial - sounds that in no way bettered my old stand-bye Lounge Lizard. In fact, they sounded worse.

Until I stumbled on the GT Vibro Wurli presets, and my mind changed entirely. This is a traditional, dry sound that I immediately fell in love with. Warm, intimate and playable - just what I look for in a Wurli.

I then began to tweak and explore, and found out just how far you can take the basic tones.

Interestingly, I actually found that presets obscure the fact that this generates some excellent classic tones. Most importantly, I dropped them into some tracks and they sit wonderfully.

I have to say I'm very tempted.

Futureline

• Apprentice
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2012, 02:03:59 pm »
Seems like we have a similar feeling about the sounds,- I also felt it a bit overly noisy, or whatever I can call it,- some of the first sounds just sounded very dominant in the effect-part of the sound,- but when I dug into several of the other presets, I found myself giving more attention to those ones, and at the moment it's enough to tempt me to buy it.

One thing I HAVE learned, is that I need a Wurly plugin, of some sort.    ;D

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2012, 10:06:27 am »
Hi MickGael,
Sorry not being very helpful but glad to read that you finally managed to make it work (and that you like it).

@Futureline: I hope you will choose our plug :)
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Futureline

• Apprentice
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2012, 09:15:13 pm »
I went for the Wurlitzer V, haven't had the time to test it so much, but I figured out that it was something that could fit in to my collection of virtual synths.

Looking forward to get the time to dig in to it.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines